35: Shut Up and Dance

a/n:
everyone keeps saying how much this relates to twilight, but i dont know because ive only seen them, except the first one, one or two times

•thank you to @Fijiwxvy for the banner

__

~Mikayla's pov~

~Mikayla's pov~

"Will you?" I heard from behind me.

I spin around in my seat on the couch at the sound of his voice.

I climbed so I was sitting on the back rest of the couch and I grabbed his hand and pulled him over to me.

"Well, I would hate myself if I said no . . . " I said before slowly trailing my hands up his arms, to his shoulders, and wrapping my hands around his neck so my thumbs played with his hair. "So, yes." I grinned and pulled him down for a peck.

***

I waved at Jacob, saying my goodbye then dropped my smile when he was out of sight. Mom wouldn't be there to greet me on the couch. After I told Jacob what I came home to last night -- Daddy crying and Mom's belongings gone -- he refused to leave my side once.

The door thumped open to reveal the reddest eyes I've ever seen staring back at me though the glass of the front window that you would have to plant your forehead on it to see into the living room. Daddy grinned goofily at me, trying to lighten the mood, before opening the door.

"Ready for some pizza and a movie night?!" he asked enthusiastically, but you could tell that he was hurting.

Every Friday we would rent movies and get pizza.

But I knew it wouldn't be the same without Mom.

Nonetheless, I smiled and nodded. He returned it and waved me in with the pizza box already waiting on the table, next to it was five cases containing movies that I have been wanting to see and some were for Dad -- but I wouldn't still be awake to watch them because he liked boring movies.

***

Mind fuzzy and eyes heavy, I jumped out of bed when I heard a clattering sound followed by what sounded as the table flipping over.

'What if it's intruder? Where is Daddy?' I panicked when the thoughts passed my mind.

I unwrapped the blanket that I was cuddled into. Daddy must've carried me up here when he saw that I was out. I tiptoed my way across the hallway to Daddy's room but other than messed up pillows and things thrown on the floor, nothing was there.

"Daddy?" I voiced, then winced when I said the name out loud. Saying it loud made me think of Mom and how she would always play around about how I called her Mom and Daddy . . . well, Daddy, saying things like I loved him more.