Chapter seventy five

A week later, eight months into pregnancy.

Ari's pov

"Well...that was a curious trip, Raxus, nice place, cute boys, right Ahsoka?" I hummed as we sat atop a set of empty crates outside the senatorial hanger. Padmè had taken us out for a 'quick trip' to the other side, it was interesting until things started going wrong. Ahsoka raised an arm and lightly punched my shoulder.

"Shuddup...I never said he was cute..." She replied in a mumble without looking round. However she then seemed to come out her thoughts and turn to face meat likely having thought of a comeback. "Anyway you can't talk, I've seen how you are with master Acaina's padawan, he totally has a thing for you." She replied with a sly smirk giving me a playful elbow below the ribs. I just laughed and shook my head in amusement.

"Who Bynn? Soka he's like my tutor, I mean don't get me wrong he's sweet but, well, not my type." I replied still laughing slightly at the idea as I waved my hand in dismissal. Again for once I wasn't loving, other than the fact I was a Jedi and date aren't supposed to date Bynn would not be my first pick. He was like my slightly older brother, the person there to bail me out when I got in trouble or help with my studies, we weren't that close.

"Well I think you better tell him that because he's definitely got a crush on you." Soka replied looking back ahead and giving my shoulder a friendly pat.

"You think? Wow I thought I was more observant..." I mumbled in response puzzling over this new information slightly as I sat there by my friend. It was as I was looking down across the hanger that I noticed master Acaina approaching us with a serious expression.

"Uh oh heads up looks like we're in trouble." I leant over to whisper to Ahsoka as the man approached from the other side of the hanger in a determined pace. Soka sat up beside me and the both of us watch him draw near with a shared curiosity as to what we'd done wrong.

"He looks mad, did we do something?" Ahsoka whispered across to me without taking her eyes off the approaching master.

"Well we did go behind enemy lines with a civilian." I replied giving her a side nod of my head. As someone often in trouble I've got used to figuring out what I did wrong, it's a gift really. A useless gift but oh well.

"Yeah guess we deserve this." Ahsoka replied as the man finished moving up the steps and strode ever closer to us. Well I guess it's time for another lecture I'll never remember.

"Tano Shimara, what were you thinking? Taking a senator behind enemy lines, that was highly reckless of you both." The Jedi master scolded while folding his arms across his chest, looming over the pair of us with a serious expression. At least it wasn't master Starfallen telling us off, actually I don't think she would've cared so maybe it would've been best if she were watching us.

"We're sorry master...out of interest though how did you know about that?" I asked while ignoring as Ahsoka shot me a side glare as a signal to stop talking. However I have no fear of being told off so it was easy for me to keep asking questions. Nail's eyes narrowed and his lips pursed as he went to answer.

"We have spies all throughout the separatist systems Ari, we know everything going on there." He responded sternly while glaring right down into my eyes. But like always I wasn't really listening.

"We have spies? That's so cool -," Ahsoka elbowed me more harshly than before in the ribs gaining my attention as with a brow raise. "Oh right, um, I mean...sorry?" I quickly added in a questioning tone, my main aim being not to get elbowed any harder out of slight fear I might get a bruise. Alright so I didn't fear getting told off but I did fear Ahsoka's 'friendly warning'.