✾9✾

Seonghwa felt as if his world of happiness started to crumble in front of his very eyes when he and his parents left the Kim Kingdom, he knew that when he saw Hongjoong's face as they left the gates for the last time, he would do anything to be able to comeback to him.

But that didn't stop his emotions from affecting him, just like the younger prince, he too kept himself locked up in his room, but it was only for a few days. With each passing day, his desire to see and come back to the younger grew, but his father had other motives for him. It was one year after the attack, his father had called for his son's presence in the throne room, the king thought that his son needed to have someone who he could spend time with, but when Seonghwa heard his father's idea, he was not happy, he told his father he didn't need anyone and that he would rather be with Hongjoong and his other friends.

The king tried to change his son's mind every chance he got, but he soon gave up after months of restless persuasion. Giving the fact that he son was adamant on going back to his old time friends rather than having a person he barely knew by his side.

As Seonghwa's father may have forgotten about his plan on getting his son a future wife or husband, he definitely did not forget his plan to make his son the ideal prince that he had in mind, and so Seonghwa was busy being the prince his father wished him to be. Doing training, having private lessons, following his father's orders, even doing patrolling around the castle borders or sometimes in the town village itself. In those times of being the best prince for the sake of his father and the kingdom, he was so close to forgetting Hongjoong and the rest of Ateez, but he was thankful that he didn't, and he was also thankful for his father for the little reminder as well.

It was on one faithful afternoon, Seonghwa was accompanying his father in the king's study room, giving him updates about the status of the village, the kingdom was getting low on crops and that they didn't have enough farmers to grow all of it. Until Seonghwa had an idea, he remembered that the Kim Kingdom had many famers as towns people, why not make a deal and an alliance with the neighboring kingdom?

Sharing his thought with his father, the king was hesitant on agreeing with his son, sure it could solve the small crisis the village was facing but he was more weary of the reaction of King Kim, if he would allow such thing to happen. Willing to take the risk, he told his wife about the plan, hoping to get a second opinion, she too agreed also stating that why not get the Song and Choi Kingdoms involve, she thought that it was about time all the seven kingdoms came together once again.

Sending out the letters about the alliance to the kingdoms, all fortunately enough agreed to travel to the Kim Kingdom and sign the treaty papers there.

Thinking about tomorrow's journey, Seonghwa was out and riding his horse Mars. He was having mixed emotions about tomorrow's events.

"I should happy and excited right Mars? I mean I get to see my friends again after ten years apart. But then again I also feel nervous, it has been ten whole years since I last saw them, well except for San, Mingi, and Jongho, but still, I wonder if the others will recognize me? If Hongjoong will recognize me? Or will I recognize him? Ahh so many thoughts"

The horse, Mars, just neighed at the prince, as if it was telling him to calm down and that he doesn't need to worry. Still on their little adventure, the prince and his horse just wandered a bit more, until Seonghwa saw little river that he never knew was there.

Curious about his new discovery, he got off of Mars and went closer to the body of water, the sight to say the least, it looked magical. To his right, he could see a little waterfall flowing, while on his left it looked light the water was going down, the prince thought that it was another small connecting waterfall, the water was clear, you could see the small rocks and pebbles, some plants, even small fishes that would pass by. But what really caught his attention was something in the water, unlike the rocks it was something shiny and smooth, it was also different in color, it was lilac colored.

Seonghwa decided to pick up the mysterious rock from the water, to his surprise it was an almost crescent shaped gem, it was so beautiful and mesmerising at the same time. The prince thought that he should keep the the crystal as a reminder about this place, putting the treasure he found in his pocket, he as well as his horse decided to go back to the castle.

-
Now in his bedroom, Seonghwa was standing at his terrace admiring the cool night, the moon and stars were out. Speaking of the moon, he got reminded of his little trinket he found earlier, pulling it out of his pocket he let it shine under the moonlight. After a good look at the crystal, he got hit with an idea, turning the gem into a necklace, going back to his room, the prince went to find an extra chain he could tie the gem to, tying it and making sure it was secured enough, he let it dangle in his hand, with the jewelry made he had one question in mind, who will he give it to?