26

MONTHS AFTER MONTHS HAD PASSED and Siobhán had resorted to distancing herself from everyone. Including James Potter, who didn't handle the news of her departing very well. The dating scheme had been going on for a while and as per usual, Marlene had fallen for the Gryffindor Quidditch captain. The two returned measly kisses to each other, but not once was it a love as pure as how James felt for Siobhán.

James Potter was tired of Marlene. She always scrunched her nose at things that she thought were cute. Yet, it always reminded him of Siobhán. She lived in his mind. Her everlasting presence caved into the deepest parts of his soul. Ever since she decided to get away from his cliche he hadn't stopped reminiscing of her once.

"Dear, hand me the hair tie." Marlene pointed to the ribbon set on the dresser. James snapped out of his thoughts and lazily grabbed the ribbon. He handed the red silk to Marlene, observing how she tied it around her blonde hair.

"Thank you." she chimed while finishing her hair. He gave her a small smile as she patted his cheek. "I'll be off." she stood up and glanced back at James who was staring off into the oasis of nothing. "I have some studying to do with Alice and Mary." she sighed as James just nodded while still peering off at the wall.

Marlene walked out of the 6th year girls' dormitory and quietly shut the door behind her. James flinched at the sound and smiled in satisfaction as he was finally alone. He laid back against the sheets and rolled around. This was his one opportunity to drift off into his thoughts once more.

He started wondering who Siobhán hanged out with and how she was doing. James didn't want her to be hurting for whatever reason. The need for him to just go outside and roam the halls for her was strong and firm. His patience was killing him from the inside out. A decision was made as his patience had been used up. James grabbed his jumper and slipped it on. Pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose, he ran outside the girl's dormitory in hopes of finding Siobhán Parten and bringing her home. Home to him.

——————————————

Siobhán Parten observed Regulus Black taking a long drag of smoke from his cigarette. She watched the smoke trail off into patterns of wiggly lines that led to the pitch darkness. His cigarette bud was shriveling up into nothing but a small piece of paper. Just like her life. Despite it being her fault she just couldn't own up to the mistake. Regulus was a kind soul disregarding his sudden mission to find out everything about the dark lord, but that's the only person she had. Lily, Marlene, Alice, and Mary were always occupied and most of the time James was with them. He was attached to Marlene's side like a child and she despised it.

Nevertheless, it enraged her that James and Marlene were still doing the "fake dating scheme". Nothing would still be tied for them to continue the childish act. Siobhán had closed all ties towards the pair, so why did they continue doing this? She had no reasonable explanation. Maybe it was Marlene's sudden attraction towards the messy-haired boy, but one wouldn't know. Siobhán Parten had resorted to minimizing her thoughts about the two and continuing to focus on herself because that's where she knew she needed help.

The two had been sitting up in the astronomy tower for who knows how long. Regulus had complained about how hard it was for him after Sirius had left the house. His only coping mechanism was speaking to Siobhán and smoking a cigarette once in a while. He found peace and comfort in places where his parents couldn't reach.

"You know what's the worst part of having bloody idiots for parents?" he took another drag from his cigarette. "They want you to be the best out of everyone in this damn school. My mother always tells me I was the son Sirius couldn't be, but I hate how she always compares us both." he shook his head, strands of wavy hair falling onto his face.