nine

Later that day, Heather walked along with Ron and Hermione talking to Hagrid. "Nonsense." Hagrid said. "Why would Snape put a curious on Heather's broom?"

Heather looked up at him. "The only person who will know that answer is Snape, but why was he trying to get past the three headed dog?"

"Who told you about Fluffy?"

Heather was shocked that he named the dog. She didn't say a word as Hagrid was about to tell them what the dog was hiding. She gave him a look, but they didn't get an answer. Heather Potter knew she was going to protect what ever that is. She heard Hagrid sigh and looked at him.

"Now, you listen to me, all three of you. You're meddlin' in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel."

Heather looked at her friends. "Who is Nicholas Flamel?"

"I don't know." Hermione replies.
~~~
Christmas was going to be different for Heather Potter. This time she was spending it with people who care about her. She didn't notice Hermione as she was playing chess with Ron. "Knight to E-5 ." She said.

Ron thought for a moment. "Queen to E-5."

Heather watched the piece move and destroy her knight. She pouted a little than looked at a Hermione. "Hi." She said. "Your packed already?"

"I'm surprise Ron isn't."

"Change of plans. My parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother, Charlie. He's studying dragons there!"

"Great. You can help Heather." She said as it was time for her to leave. "I got to go. Happy Christmas."

Ron looked at Heather. "I think we became a bad influence on her."
~~~
Heather was sound asleep with Hedwig perched in her room. "Heather, come on!" She heard. "Wake up, Heather!"

The dark haired girl raised up in bed and looked to see it's snowing. "It's Christmas." She said as she grabbed her robe and ran downstairs to see Ron in a sweater with an R on it.

"Happy Christmas, Heather."

"Happy Christmas, Ron, but what are you wearing?" She asked.

"My mum made it." He tells her. "Looks like you got one too."

Heather looked at him. "I got presents?" She asked as he nodded. She ran to the tree and grabbed a present that was wrapped in silver paper. Heather grabbed a card and started to read it. "Your father left this in my possession before he died. It is time it was returned to you. Use it well."

"Open it." Heather opened the present to see a cloak. "What is it?"

"A cloak." She tells him.

"Put it on." Ron tells her.

Heather sighed as she put the cloak on to see half her body gone. "My body is gone."

"Wow. It's an invisible cloak." Ron said.

"Cool." Heather said smiling as she looked at it.

"Who gave it to you?" Ron asked.

"I don't know, but it says to use it well." Heather said.

Heather smiled as she handed Ron his gifts with nothing, but muggle food. The twins got muggle joke books and pranks. Percy got muggle books since he has probably read every single book in the wizard if world.

There was one more gift that Heather hasn't opened and it was from George. Heather opened it to see books on the wizard world and a book on soulmates.
~~~
Late at night. A lantern and hand appear, but nothing else. The ensemble walk through the dark library and into the Restricted Section. The lamp is put down, and the cloak removed. Heather looks around her.

She started searching for Nicholas Flamel, but couldn't find nothing. She opened one book just for a head to be seen as he screamed. Heather quickly closed the book and put it away before hearing someone coming.

Heather quickly ran out of the room as she put the cloak on. She found Snape talking to Quirrell. She held her breath as Snape reached put, but nothing. "There is a student out of bed." She heard Filch say making

Heather waited till they were gone before she ran into a room. She saw a mirror and walked over as she took the cloak off. She looked in the mirror and saw her parents. "Mum?" Heather watched as she nodded. "Dad?"

She looked down as she held tears in her eyes. She looked back up at them. "I miss you and wished I could have met you." She said as she saw her mother's hand on her shoulder as she touched the mirror for her father to reach up. "I have to show Ron."
~~~
The next night, Heather went back as she liked seeing her parents. She smiled as she walked in just to see Dumbledore behind her. "Back again, I see, Heather." Heather looks at him. " I see that you, like so many before you, have discovered the delights of the Mirror of Erised. I trust by now you realize what it does. Let me give you a clue. The happiest man on earth would look into the mirror and see only himself, exactly as he is."

"So it just shows us what we want?" She asked. "Whatever we want?"

"Yes...and no. It shows us nothing more or less than the deepest, most desperate desires of our hearts. Now you, who have never known your family, you see them standing beside you. But remember this, Heather. This mirror gives us neither knowledge or truth. Men have wasted away in front of it, even gone mad. That is why tomorrow it will be moved to a new home, and I must ask you not to go looking for it again. It does not do to dwell on dreams, Heather, and forget to live."

Heather nodded as she grabbed the cloak. "Thank you professor." She said as she covered herself up before leaving.

Dumbledore looked at the mirror. "You already have everything you need, Heather." He says as he was left alone. "For there is something rare that no one hasn't seen since your parents." Her soulmate.