1

Chapter 1: Cultivation Quest

“Retard.”

“Monster.”

“You’re so ugly, don’t play with us.”

The sunlight spilled through the peachblossom grove. A crowd of 8-9 year old children stood in a circle, throwing stones towards the center.

Confined in the middle was a little beggar. She wore a set of ash-gray clothes on top of her figure which was skinny and riddled with scars. On her dirt covered face laid a pair of sharp and pretty eyes, however those eyes showed not even a hint of emotion, as if she was blind.

The little beggar had been injured. She raised her hand to deflect the stones; who would have thought that one would randomly deflect onto the nice dress of one of the surrounding young girls.

“Ugh,” the young girl cried out, then immediately made a face, “You ugly beggar. Who said you can hit me!”

Picking up a sharp rock, she moved to smash it onto the little beggars head, but before she could, she was blocked by a thin longsword.

“So young, how can your mind be so malicious. You should know that that rock of yours could have taken her life.” Everyone heard a lovable, mellow voice which was as pure as spring. The girl looked towards the source of the voice and saw an 18-19 year old young lady leaning on a peachtree.

She wore crimson red clothes and had shining snow-white skin which almost appeared transparent. Her appearance was beyond elegant. Her delicate, watery eyes seemed to gleam as she looked around.

Though very charming, unfortunately, the way she leaned against the tree made her look ice-cold. No one dared approach her.

The young girl was nervous; she involuntarily backed up a few steps. As one of the children began to run, the rest immediately followed and scrambled away.

“Congratulations host, you’ve completed the quest - Prevent the Ancient Witch from Massacring Children. Luck increased by one.” Along with the appearance of this inorganic, electronic voice, Di Jiufeng sighed in relief.

As a perfect youth, she didn’t know which god she had offended to get sucked into a book in her sleep and was even kidnapped by a fraudulent transmigration system.

Speaking of the book, she had read it before.

The protagonist was the ancient witch, Deep Darkness’s, reincarnation. Because her previous life’s fate, her reincarnation suffered many hardships. The hardships she suffered were beyond being too cruel for words. Getting abandoned or beaten up was nothing. Being set up or betrayed was a common matter. The most extreme thing was that she never got to feel the warmth of a person for her entire life.

That sort of dark and hopeless life continued until her awakening.

Good and evil always comes with a price. After she obtained her previous life’s magic powers and heaven-defying fate, she began to walk the path of vengeance.

The author must have been anti-social to write a story where the female lead slaughters the heaven and earth, destroying humanity.