𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

"The game of hide and seek

"The game of hide and seek... I shall be the hunter who hunts their prey."

"What?..." Y/N uttered in disbelief, he was talking normally as if he didn't just slammed Daichi into the wall. "You're insane."

"What can I say darling... I am the type who enjoys the best for last." Muzan stared at her with eyes wide and hungry like a predator. "If you run now, you might escape."

"I'm not leaving Daichi behind." She firmly stated, "He's my friend, I will only regret it if I don't make it out of here alive without him."

"Such a foolish decision...yet you have proven again to me why this game is going to be satisfying." The Progenitor raised the body of the young man on the floor by grabbing him by the head. "I honestly do not see what you see in him."

"Let him go." Her eyes held desperation that made Muzan's lips give a slight twitch. "H-He's dying!"

"Darling you have too many requests, I can only grant one. You should honor Daichi's wish for you to run." He tried convincing her to escape and leave the male behind. He was growing irritated when she stood her ground.

"I-I told you, I won't leave without him." He dropped Daichi's body to the ground without a care, no longer interested in using the human male as a way for her to obey. "If you won't leave, then consider B/N dead."

"No!" She yelled in protest, instantly when her brother's name was mentioned.

"It is simple Y/N... you just have to choose, will you choose Daichi or your naive older brother." Muzan said in a monotonous voice. He lifted his right leg and placed it on top of Daichi's unmoving body, a painful groan escaped the young man's lips when the demon started applying pressure. "If you choose Daichi, you will never see B/N again."

"And if you choose B/N... Daichi will not live to see another day." The progenitor drawled, already bored of the events that are currently happening. "Do you not want to see B/N again? A shame... he would love to see his human sister."

"Human sister?..." His calm words terrified her, terrified of what happened to B/N. If only he did not leave the house in search of Muzan. "What did you do to him?!"

"I did nothing, only interacted with him when he found me. Or rather I found him." He stated before walking towards her, his footsteps made no sounds, silent like a cat while dragging Daichi's body. "He would be thrilled to see you again."

"I-I..." She froze when she heard a tiny voice outside her door.

"Y/N! Where are you... can you open the door?" Machi knocked on the door gently. "I'm scared... Daichi suddenly left me and I don't want to be alone."

When the demon heard the little girl's voice, he immediately slammed his foot down the neck of Daichi, ending his life for good with a loud snap. "Good riddance."

Y/N screamed as tears formed in her eyes, Muzan killed Daichi right in front of her eyes without hesitation. "You said you will let me choose! W-Why did you kill him—"

"You were taking too long to choose... now zip that lips of yours or little Machi would be next." He brushed his fingers across her cheek, her eyes widened when she saw the sharp nails. "I could turn you into a demon, by just slashing your cheeks with my nails."

Faster than the human eye could see, Muzan destroyed her window by throwing the dead body against it. Hearing it land with a thud.

"Next time, if you do not want someone dying choose quicker." He whispered to her ears while standing behind her and wrapping his arms around her. "If you obey me, you have my word that Machi will not be harmed."

"We can still be a family, just like a few weeks ago..." Machi slowly opened the door, her eyes wide and flying around the room inspecting it. Until her eyes landed on the destroyed window.

"W-What happened? I heard a loud noise in here... where's Daichi?" She padded towards the duo. She grew worried for Y/N who gave a random stiff nod.

"Y-You promise?" The young woman took deep breaths, flinching every time Muzan nuzzled against her neck. "You have my word darling... that is if you do obey me."

"Machi... How are you?" The Black haired demon released her and she rushed towards the little girl hugging her against her chest.

"Machi you trust me right?" Y/N whispered to the little girl. "When I let you go, I want you to run towards the City and do not believe anything Tsukihiko says."

"Why?..." Machi furrowed her brows confused. "No time for explanations.."

"Such a pity... I was willing to spare little Machi, but it seems that you do not know how to keep your word Y/N... I am deeply disappointed."

Updates might be slow because I have tons of projects and exams coming thank you for understanding hope you all have a good day

Sorry the chapter was rushed but hope y'all like it  >_<