Chapter 13: Forever Falls

A view of the Beacon Academy shows the student dorms, where Pyrrha Nikos looks out the window sadly as Ren loads his gun and Nora Valkyrie is jumping on her bed in the room for Team JNPR.

Nora: "How come Jaune gets home so late?"

Ren: "He's become rather scarce since he started fraternizing with Cardin."

Nora: "That's  weird... Doesn't he know we have a field trip tomorrow? We need our rest" she proclaims this while twirling in midair so her back hits the covers

Pyrrha: "I'm sure our leader knows exactly what he's doing." She angrily stated

Nora and Ren confused exchange glances, not knowing that Jaune himself is looking in through the crack of the door.

Nora: "Mmmm... I guess so."

Jaune hangs his head and closes the door, just as a voice interrupts his thoughts.

Ruby: "Hey, Jaune!" She startles the young blond "Long time, no see! Did you lock yourself out again?"

Jaune: "Oh, uh, nope!" He raised his Scroll, letting out a dry laugh "Got it!"

Ruby: "So! Where have you been lately?"

Jaune: "uh..." he tried to come up with something, but he sighs and lowers his head "I messed up. I did something I shouldn't have, and now Cardin has me on a leash, and Pyrrha won't even talk to me, and.." he sighs once again "I'm starting to think coming to this school was a bad idea." He presses his back to his team's door and slides down to the floor in depression "I'm a failure."

Ruby: "Nope!"

Jaune: "Nope?' He asks surprised and confused

Ruby: "Nope! You're a leader now, Jaune. You're not allowed to be a failure."

Jaune: "But...what if I'm a failure at being a leader?"

Ruby: She starts to think about this but finally comes up with a idea "Nope"

Jaune: "You know, you're not the easiest person to talk to about this kind of stuff." He laughs as Ruby joins him on the floor

Ruby: "Nope!" She spoke as Jaune leans into the door some more "Jaune, maybe you were a failure when you were a kid" she said as Jaune groans "and you might've even been a failure the first day we met!" She and as jaune hangs his head even lower "But, you can't be one now. You know why?"

Jaune: "Uhhh, because...?"

Ruby: "Because it's not just about you anymore. You've got a team now, Jaune. We both do! And if we fail, then we'll just be bringing them down with us." She gets up and placing her hands on her hips as she speaks "We have to put our teammates first, and ourselves second. Your team deserves a great leader, Jaune. And I think that can be you." She starts to walk away but then suddenly waves back towards the blonde "Have a good night, Jaune!"

With new energy, Jaune pushes himself off the ground and faces the door, ready to turn the knob and talk to his team, but gets stoped by another voice emerged in darkness.

Y/n: "she's right Jaune" he leans on the wall while jaune jumps in the air "Even though she explained it in the stupidest way physically possible she's on the right path."

Jaune: "Y/n, you really need to stop scaring people."

Y/n: "Yeah yeah whatever" he rolls his eyes "But you need to straighten up. Your team is counting on you." he gets closer to Jaune "And I'm pretty sure you don't wanna disappoint your team. Do you now?" He asks basically in Jaunes face

Jaune: "No I don't, sir." he says slightly embarrassed

Y/n: "Sir?" He asks raising an eyebrow

Jaune: "Uhh" he scratches the back of his neck "Sorry Y/n"