Chapter 3 - Chakna Chakna

Mumbai

Kalpi felt that her whole world came crashing down, “ baba…what are you saying ? you want me to marry Sahil Kapoor ? “ Kalpi asked with tears forming in her eyes. When Vittal did not answer, Kalpi knew she had her answer, she got up and walked out before Vittal could say anything. Kalpi was trying to hold back her tears when she saw Raghav “ Kalpi…..what happened ? “ Raghav asked in concern, Kalpi looked at him and ran down the corridor, Raghav watched as Kalpi ran, he turned back and went to Vittal’s room, “ uncle ji, what happened ? why is Kalpi crying ? “ Raghav asked, “ I told Kalpi that I have made a decision, that she would have to get married “ Vittal said sadly, “ what !!?? uncle ji…do you hear yourself “ Raghav said in anger, “ I know what I said Raghav….but she did not let me finish….I want Kalpi to get married…but not to Sahil Kapoor “ Vittal said, “ then to who ? “ Raghav asked, “ to you…..Raghav I want you to get married to Kalpi….take her away from here, protect her “ Vittal said grabbing Raghav’s hand and pleading him. Raghav was shocked, “ you want me to marry Kalpi ? ” Raghav asked, Vittal nodded, “ I can only trust you to protect Kalpi….only you can do this. Please Raghav…please “ Vittal asked in desperation, “ Uncle…” Raghav started..” please Raghav….please get her out of here…I can’t bare to see how Kalpi is treated, I know that Sahil is waiting for me to die, so he can have her, and I know he would do almost anything to make it happen “ Vittal said, “ If Sahil treats me like that…I’m fine with it…but Kalpi should not bare the cost after my death “ Vittal added.

That night Raghav kept thinking of Vittal’s proposal, “ hey…you ok ? “ Sammy asked as he sat beside Raghav, “ yeah…..just thinking “ Raghav said running his fingers though his hair, “ about what ? “ Sammy asked, “ Vittal’s proposal “ Raghav said taking a gulp of his Brandy, “ oh….” Sammy asked in confusion, “ he wants me to marry Kalpi….for her protection “ Raghav said, “ what ?? are you serious ?? “ Sammy chuckled, “ it’s not funny Sam….” Raghav said as he got up and started pacing the floor, “ but isn’t that what you wanted, to have Kalpi to yourself ? “ Sammy asked, “ yes…but I wanted her to come willingly to me…not to be forced so she  can be protected “ Raghav said, “ so are you going to take this proposal “ Sammy asked, “ I don’t know….I want to….but I’m just afraid that she won’t be happy with me “ Raghav said, “ does she know what you do ? “ Sammy asked again, Raghav shook his head “ no…Vittal just told her that I was a businessman, that’s all “ Raghav said.

Kalpi paced back and forth of the chawl, thinking about Vittal’s words to her “ I think it’s best you marry “, those words just kept repeating itself in her head, Kalpi sat down and placed her face in her hands, “ I don’t want to marry Sahil Kapoor……..” Kalpi thought, “ I need to get out of here “ Kalpi mumbled and walked out of the chawl. Kalpi was walking until she came up to a Mandir, Kalpi climbed the stairs and rang the bell “ please help me bappa….please “ Kalpi prayed. Raghav went to the chawl to find Kalpi, and found that she was not there, “ Raghav baba….aap ? “ one of the residents’ said, “ Kalpi kaha ? “ Raghav asked in concern, “ pata nahi…she went out and she has not come home yet “ he replied, “ has not come home….how long ago did she go out ? “ Raghav asked, “ like an hour ago “ he replied, “ Thank you “ Raghav said and rushed to his car to look for Kalpi. Kalpi sat in the Mandir just staring at bappa, she did not know what to do, Kalpi closed her eyes and buried her face in her legs and cried. Raghav searched everywhere, but came up short, “ where the hell is she ?? “ Raghav thought, just then his phone rang “ hello “ Raghav aksed, “ Sir, we found her “ his bodyguard said, “ where ? “ Raghav asked, “ at the Mandir “ replied his bodyguard, “ got it “ Raghav said and hung up and turned his car around and headed to the Mandir.