Precious (Peter Parker)

Requested by coffee_addict2005: Peter and Y/N find out that they're expecting, and then they find out that they're going to have twins. But then something happens, resulting in the babies coming early and so they have to be in the NICU

*Please note: as the request suggests, this imagine contains themes of traumatic pregnancy and birth, so please be wary of that when reading, or don't read it at all if you think that you'll be triggered by it. Remember that I'm always here if people need to talk. Thank you*

I sat in the NICU department of Queens general hospital, my head propped up against my hand as I gently stroked our daughter's face using the gloves that were attached to the incubator that she was in. I sighed and bit my lip, tears still pricking my eyes at how small she was. The last seven months felt like a blur, and yet somehow I could also remember every single moment of the pregnancy. Those memories started with the moment that Peter and I found out that there was a pregnancy. I couldn't help but smile, happiness filling my heart as I remembered that day.

Peter and I sat on our bed, tears rolling down both of our faces as we looked at the negative pregnancy test. I sobbed quietly, Peter's arms holding me and cradling me on his lap as he pressed his lips to the top of my head.

"It's okay, baby. It'll happen next month. We'll try again, we'll get pregnant. We just need to be patient." he cooed as his hand gently ran through my hair.

"We've been patient for two years now, Pete. I was getting sick, I had fucking weird cravings, I didn't get my period, I still haven't. I was sure that I was pregnant." I choked.

"Honestly, I was hopeful too, angel. But it's okay. We try again." he reassured. I sighed and looked up at him, making him give me a small smile as he moved the hair out of my face.

"We try again." I whispered. He nodded before leaning in and gently pecking my lips. I returned it, forcing myself to give him a small smile as I stood up and headed into the bathroom to clean myself up.

Peter and I sat on the sofa, my legs over his lap as he watched TV and I scrolled through social media. A certain article appeared on my screen, making my eyebrows furrow as I read the words "product recall on pregnancy tests". My eyes widened.

"Pete." I mumbled, making him look at me as I sat up.

"Hmm?" he asked, his hand on my thigh.

"What brand of pregnancy test did you buy me?" I gulped.

"Um...it was "clear answer" or something. Why?" he asked. I looked up at him, making his eyebrow furrow.

"Babe, what's going on?" he scoffed.

"Are you sure that that's the brand that you bought me? Because they've had to recall their tests for providing false negatives." I nodded. His eyes widened.

"Oh my god." he mumbled before shooting up and grabbing his jacket.

"Get three or four of the most expensive brand. We need to be sure!" I called after him. He returned it, giving me an excited smile as he rushed out of the door.

I paced the floor of the bedroom, Peter sitting on the bed next to the pregnancy tests.

"It makes sense if you are pregnant. Things have obviously been different with you for the last two months." he scoffed. I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows, making his eyes widen slightly.

Oh, I mean...you've been fine." he smiled sheepishly. I rolled my eyes before looking at the tests. My eyes widened as one started to show up.