Chapter seventy four - The Time Stone

A/N: I've been writing loads again and I think I've actually almost finished part two which is a bit scary, but that means 1) more chapters, quicker and 2) I can get started on this new fic I've been talking about! I hope you enjoy this chapter, it's a bit of a heavy one so strap yourselves in (actually, keep yourselves strapped in for the next load of chapters, there are going to be some trigger warnings).

...

Loki appeared at your side, grabbing hold of your arm again.

"I'm sorry." he gasped, "I should have-"

He stopped talking as you caught sight of what was going on behind him and took a step back, your eyes widening in alarm.

Loki span around to see Thanos looking up to the sky and raising the gauntlet towards Titan's moon. Using a combination of the Power and Space stones he yanked his fist towards the ground with a grunt, in doing so shattering the moon's surface and bringing the debris raining down towards you in a large meteor shower.

You and Loki were surrounded by a combination of both of your magic in an instant; a second later the planet's gravitational field was destroyed. Everything began to rise into the air, apart from the enormous lumps of rock which were still pelting the planet's surface; moon chunks making fiery ballistic in-bounds towards you. Loki grabbed you and teleported you both out of the way of a piece of rock which was roughly the size of a baseball field and had been heading straight towards you.

Tony and Strange were nowhere to be seen; Peter was flying around and using his web to secure Drax, Mantis and Star Lord, all of whom had been unconscious and had been helpless to resist the new, upward gravitational pull.

"I'll find Tony, you get Strange." you said, shrugging Loki's hand off of your arm and making to teleport towards Thanos, but Loki held you back.

We're done.

You turned to look at him in confusion.

"...what?"

"Y/N, we can't beat him. We tried-"

"Yeah, and we'll keep trying!" you argued, trying to pull your arm away again, but Loki held on, shaking his head. You stared at him, at a loss, before turning back to Thanos who was now facing Strange, alone. The magic the wizard was using was powerful, more powerful than anything you'd ever seen before, let alone used yourself.

You and Loki watched their exchange of magic like a tennis match, until Strange levitated and did something which made it seem as though he had multiple arms, and then in a flash there were hundreds of Strange's surrounding Thanos, forming a circular wall around him.

Thanos snarled, and then he was wrapped in hundreds of glowing, magical cords: powerless... for a second. He struggled to close his gauntleted fist, and used one of the stones to discover the real Strange amongst the hundreds of fake ones, blowing the duplicates away and sending the real Strange reeling backwards.

Loki-

We can't.

We might!

We can't.

You knew he was right. Thanos used the gauntlet to pull Strange back towards him and grasped him by the throat; Strange flailed and grabbed at Thanos' hand in vain.

"You're full of tricks, wizard." Thanos growled.

"No." Strange choked as Thanos reached for the Time stone. You made to move forward again, but Loki pulled you back, this time less gently. He span you around by the shoulders to look at him.