Pet

The flight was to land in Chicago the next day and Taehyung didn't see much of the mob boss again.

He assumed that his 'custody' was currently handed over to the tall broad shouldered guy named Seokjin, invariably because he kept giving him those new puppy owner looks, wobbling lips and sparkly eyes and everything, along with occasional affectionate rubs in the back of his neck that Taehyung thought he could actually get used to.

The brunette didn't talk much and kept sulking all the way, the reminder of the betrayal still fresh in his mind. He had refused to eat dinner and puked twice from air sickness because he hadn't boarded a flight once in his 19 year old life.

Seokjin did his best to look after him and keep him hydrated all the time, and even gave the youngest his extra large tee shirt when he spoiled his own by puking all over it the second time.

While the other members of the gang either looked concerned or ignored his existence, one certain boy couldn't even bare looking at him.

Jimin scoffed loudly when Taehyung emerged from the washroom dressed in clothes double his size, hair wet and looking more exhausted and sleepy by the minute.

"Yoongi-ah, wasn't this what Jeon called 'pretty' last day?" Jimin snickered obnoxiously, raking his eyes over Taehyung's beaten up frame.

Yoongi glanced over at him at the mention and silently assessed the boy before going back to fiddling with his phone. Somehow, Taehyung could tell he too was unimpressed.

The brunette felt a jab in his heart at the insult. He couldn't really help being sensitive. Growing up in a literal well he hadn't seen much of how the outside world worked, how the people stooped at any level to get their work done.

Jimin smiled in satisfaction when Taehyung's lips twitched downward and he took tiny uncertain steps towards his seat beside Seokjin.

The older cuddled him in the moment he sat, and Taehyung allowed himself to be petted by his large soft hands as he tried to divert his mind elsewhere.

"Yeah, do that. Can you be more clingy? Ew!" Jimin scrunched his face in disgust.

"Ya Jiminah what's your problem? Can you leave him alone?" Seokjin scowled at the younger, hugging Taehyung tighter when the latter tried to hesitantly move away.

"What's my problem? Can't you guys see who the real and only problem is here!?" The shorter flared up suddenly, keeping his phone away to seemingly bring about an argument.

Seokjin straightened up and gave him a hard glare.

"What do you mean?"