Chapter 5: The Encampment

He remained silent for a few moments, keeping his helmet in my direction. No doubt he was inspecting me. I raised my hands. "I'm being honest. I don't know what you're talking about."

"The asset's a bounty that was given to me." The Mandalorian mentioned.

"Is the asset a child?" I questioned.

The Mandalorian shook his head. "No, the target's fifty years old."

I let out a sigh of relief, happy the child wasn't an asset. A smile appeared on my face. "Then we have no problems."

Reluctantly, he nodded. "...You're right."

The next day, we were outside Kuiil's home. The Mandalorian and I were inside the fence, where the blurrgs stood to learn how to ride the blurrgs. I was terrified of what the blurrgs would do to us if we made them angry. The Mandalorian was tossed off the blurrg, falling to the ground.

"Perhaps if you removed your helmet." Kuiil suggested.

"Perhaps he remembers I tried to roast him." The Mandalorian retorted.

I was taken back by his words. "You tried to burn the blurrg?"

The Mandalorian shrugged. "He was asking for it."

"This is a female." Kuiil corrected. The males are all eaten during mating."

I grimaced. Did not need to know that detail at all. The Mandalorian climbed up onto his feet. I kept my distance, not wanting to go anywhere near the blurrgs. R8 and Kuiil stood outside of the fence, where they were safe from the blurrgs.

"Come on Miranda, try to get on one of the blurrgs." Kuiil advised.

"No thanks. I choose life." I retorted.

"Aww, is someone afraid of a blurrg?" The Mandalorian teased.

I narrowed my eyes. "I'm not afraid...I'm just a little nervous."

The Mandalorian scoffed. "Right, more like terrified."

Wanting to prove him wrong, I stormed over towards one of the blurrgs. As soon as I within reach of the blurrg, she let out a growl. I flinched, earning a snicker from the Mandalorian. I shot him a glare before looking back at the blurrg just a few feet away from me. I took in a deep breath before slowly extending a hand out towards the blurrg. I concentrated on the creature, and for some reason, I could feel the blurrg's fear, radiating off of her.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you." I assured her.

Once I approached her, I extended a hand out towards her. The blurrg staggered back a few steps. I tried to calm her down as I spoke up. "Hey, it's all right. I'm not gonna harm you."

The blurrg listened to my words, remaining still. I finally reached the blurrg, gently placing my hand around her muzzle. I could feel her nerves calming down. It was a weird yet amazing feeling. I couldn't really explain the sensation, but it was new to me. This wasn't like when May and I touched people, feeling their emotions. No. This feeling...it was different.

"That's it. It's okay." I mentioned.

I then used all my strength to hop onto the blurrg's back. Surprisingly, she didn't buck me off her back. I let out a chuckle as I controlled the blurrg, moving around within the fence. This wasn't so bad, it was like taming a wild horse. R8 let out a few high pitch beeps, happy to see me on the blurrg's back. I glanced back at the Mandalorian, sticking out my tongue.

"Now let's see you try and beat that, Mandalorian." I retorted.

"I will! Just you watch." He shot back.