𝓟𝓻𝓮𝓯𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓬𝓮

3rd person POV

3rd person POV

"Your grace." Sebastian portier said to his half brother, who had just rushed up the stairs to reach the dress fitting he was late for.

"Sebastian." The boy greeted.

"Francis, they were looking for you everywhere. Tough to find you."

"I was riding." The boy replied.

"Really? Who?"

"So, bash, how's the mood?" Francis asked instead of verbally responding.

"Father's or the mood in general?...Tense to both. Planning for your sister's wedding."

"Is your mother in there?" The blonde asked.

"No, only royals and their attendants allowed. But your mother Is in fine form, god save you. I'm off now that you're here."

"Lucky bastard." The boy muttered as the brunette passed him chuckling.

"Mary should be protected. Hidden." Catherine told her husband.

"So you've claimed. You also claimed she needed to be kept at convent For her education, when we both know She simply irritated you."

"Mary's arrival now upstages Our daughter's wedding." Catherine reiterated in irritation.

"It's the perfect occasion To showcase the alliance with scotland. Half the continent's royalty will be feeding at our trough...besides you don't seem mad of the Irish royal families arrival."

"There are those that say too many alliances make a king look weak, and besides, none of them are meant to marry our son."

"Then why did we sell our daughter to Spain?" The king asked.

"I'm told I was needed. Or should I just come back on my wedding day? You've chosen my wife; have you set the date, too?" The boy interrupted the pair in annoyance.

"Here's the date: When I say so. Or England turns its sword In our direction."

"She's on her way."

"Mary stuart, you mean. I heard." Francis responded.

"You don't sound Very enthusiastic. You were playmates once, along with her cousin, Arabella."

"She had skinny legs, A missing front tooth and strong opinions. And besides I'm much more fond of Arabella."

"I'm sure the adult tooth has come in. And your not marrying Arabella. The opinions you can ignore. Isn't that right, catherine?"

"Why can't I? Marry Arabella? She's a princess of a powerful country-"

"Arabella is only a princess, not a queen, her country may be stronger but she holds less power over it. Mary is a better option." The king tells his son.

"Her ladies-in-waiting are on their way as well. Three titled, the other ridiculously rich. Just your type." Catherine said, trying to change the subject.

"At least your bride has a country. And an army, should you need it." Henry said, before walking away.

"I may not have been born with a crown, But this country relies on my money. let him talk like a king. your wedding won't happen Until I say so. I'm on your side. Always."

"I know."

"I know you always preferred Arabella, but your father is correct...for once. Even if Ireland has more power, as a princess so far down in the line of succession, she has little power over it if it was needed. Mary is a queen, she can access her countries resources much easier."

"I know" the boy sighed, "I just don't want to marry her mother, I barely know her"

"I know...I'll see what I can do" the woman muttered to the boy, turning from him and walking towards her eldest daughter without another word, leaving the boy confused by what his mother had said.

I'll see what I can do" the woman muttered to the boy, turning from him and walking towards her eldest daughter without another word, leaving the boy confused by what his mother had said

Helloooo

Yea this is a second update for this book and my seventh update of any books today

I'm apparently really into writing at this moment in time but that probably won't last so I'm doing as much as I can rn so that I'll have stuff ready to post :))

Edit: this has been edited if your a bit confused:)

Words: 634