9.

Madam Pomfrey was thoroughly unimpressed as Rose walked into the hospital wing, bloody cloth and all.

"For goodness sake! I thought this game had rules! Come here, dear, sit down," the woman ordered, ranting about quidditch. She'd set more broken bones and bruises than she cared to admit.

Lily ran in behind Madam Hooch and Marlene, taking a seat beside her sister.

"Good. You two keep her company while I go deal with Mr. Black. I'm sure Mr. Filch needs some company," Hooch said angrily, walking out of the medical wing.

Rose grimaced as she held the cloth against her nose, the adrenaline finally wearing off and the throbbing pain returning.

"That bloody boy went and ruined it, didn't he?" Lily said as she shook her head. She hated seeing her sister in pain.

"Yeah. The game was already finished," Marlene added, her arms crossed.

Madam Pomfrey came back with an armful of potions for Rose.

"Okay, dear. Take this one for the pain. This one for blood-replenishment, this one for strength, one for bone resetting, and the rest for after," the older woman told Rose, handing her the oddly coloured bottles.

Not wanting to be in pain any longer, Rose took all of the potions and downed them as fast as she could, shaking her head at the nasty taste.

"Now unfortunately, to get the best heal of a broken bone, I've got to reset it manually. You can cast the spell without doing this but it's risky and if done wrong, can vanish bones completely. And bones are pesky to regrow," Pomfrey said, laying a hand on Rose's arm.

Rose nodded and hid her nervousness, grabbing onto Lily's hand.

The medi-witch took hold of her arm and without warning, pulled. Rose squeezed Lily's hand and screamed through clenched teeth, the pain still evident through the potion.

"Alright dear, we're all done with that. You Gryffindors are the least noisy patients I have," Madam Pomfrey commented, pulling her wand out of her robe.

She pointed it at Rose's arm and whispered "Brackium Emendo," with a slight wand movement. It was delicate and immediately, she felt her arm mending itself. The pain subsiding.

"With the arm done, I'll move to your nose. I don't have to manually set this one, just a simple spell will do!" Pomfrey said kindly, removing the cloth from Rose's nose.

"Episkey," she said and again, Rose's nose reverted to its normal shape, fixing itself.

"You'll have some bruising which is normal, it's the body's way of healing from these things. Probably a black eye, it should go away quite quickly, though," Madam Pomfrey explained.

She also used a non-verbal spell to clean Rose's face of any blood. The girl was also handed a sling.

"You will also need to wear this for a day or two, as newly healed bones tend to be quite fragile and I don't want to see you back in here. Now, I would keep you here but I imagine you want to get back to your party. I want a promise that you won't do anything rowdy," Madam Pomfrey demanded, looking at Rose sternly.