Chapter 7: The Beach

Christy's POV

It was about 5:15 am when I woke up. I have always been the early riser but I started getting up even earlier for work. I had a quick shower and put on my bath robe. Then I walked towards my suitcase and pulled out black shorts that reach mid-thigh and a white flowy strappy top to match. I put on my white converse to match and carried a pair of white sandals in my bag, I know what you thinking, and how can someone be so crazy to wear sneakers to the beach but the truth is I felt more comfortable in sneakers than anything else. I decided to wear my sneakers till we reach the beach and change into my sandals once we get there.

After dressing up, I tied my hair into a high ponytail. My hair was just above elbow length. It was 6:15am. When I got out of the room and into the hallway, I walked down the stairs and towards the kitchen. There was no one there except 3 maids.

"Good Morning Miss, I am Janet and this is Teresa and Margaret." she said with a friendly smile while pointing to women who looks to be around her late forties which is Margaret and Teresa who looks to be in her late thirties.

"What would you like to have?" Margaret said while gesturing for me to sit down.

"I will have a cup of coffee with 2 sugars, please." I said with a smile.

As Margaret was preparing my coffee, Teresa came up to me and said.

"You sure are an early riser." She said with a chuckle.

"Excuse me?" I said with confusion.

"I am sorry, that was meant to be a compliment I didn't mean to offend you."

"No, it's ok." I said giving her an assuring smile.

"What she meant was that you are the first to get up this early." Janet said joining the conversation.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes, everyone here wakes up by 7:30, as for the boys, Eric and Dylan wakes up a bit earlier than the rest normally at 6:50 but William, Anthony and Sebastian wake up about 7:35." she continued.

"Eric and Dylan are like their mother, she also likes to get up early but William, Anthony and Sebastian take up after their father, he does not like to get up early." Margaret said putting my coffee down in front of me.

I just chuckled and blew my coffee before taking a sip. We continued chatting; Margaret told me they have been working for the Alexanders for 6 years now and that they make them feel like their part of the family.

It was 6:45 and Margaret, Janet and Teresa left to get breakfast ready. I offered to help but they said I am the guest and they are here to see to me. I walked towards the dining room and saw that no one was there, I thought my sisters would be up by now, they said they wanted to wake up early. So I walked upstairs and made my way to my sisters' room, I figured that it was time to get my revenge on them for what they did yesterday. I know it's pretty childish but I love teasing them.

I put my hand on the door knob and turned it. The door opened with a creak and I saw that they were still in bed. I decided to wake them up. I walked into the room and slowly closed the door.

I walked to the front of the bed, they were sleeping so peacefully with Isabelle's hand on Elizabeth's face and Elizabeth's leg on Isabelle, I laughed to myself, they have always been restless sleepers and I should know, I used to share a room with Isabelle, when we used to stay in a small 3 bedroom flat Downtown. That was a long time ago when I was about 12 years. I grabbed the end of the comforter and pulled it with all my might, making them fall on the floor with a scream.