chapter 4

❝she wants to learn more about sukuna❞

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JUST PUNCHED THROUGH A WALL!", kugisaki exclaimed, to which itadori shrugged, as if it were a normal occurrence.

"it wasn't made of brick", itadori casually remarked, entering the sushi bar with the rest of his companions as marri had informed the waitress that there were five people.

"right this way please!", the waitress smiled as marri sat in between satoru and itadori, with kugisaki and megumi across from the three.

water was immediately served as they were given a few minutes to order.

"as celebration of our new students, it'll be my treat!", satoru said, to which kugisaki and itadori had snapped their heads downwards, searching through the menu for the most expensive sushi roll they could find.

"mm...papa, can I have the shrimp one? you know the one with the fried one??", marri asked, pointing to the picture on the menu just in case satoru didn't know what she was talking about.

"ahhh, the tempura roll. of course, of course!! and what drink do you want?", satoru asked, meanwhile marri had hummed.

marri briefly skimmed the drinks section before her eyes widened as she gasped, nearly jumping out of her seat.

"BOBA!! THAI TEA WITH BOBA!! PLEASE, PAPA!!", marri excitedly asked as she pulled on satoru's sleeve, almost ripping it off.

satoru chuckled as he patted marri's head, calming her down as he ordered for the little girl once the waitress came back.

"don't choke on the bobas", satoru warned, watching as marri happily slurped her thai tea as a mouth had popped out from itadori's right hand.

"what the hell are those?"

"it's boba, you boomer", marri answered, making the mouth on the back of itadori's hand snarl.

"the fuck is a boomer?! who do you think you are talking down to me like that?!", sukuna scoffed.

"it's not my fault that I'm talking down to you. yūji's hand is beside his lap and I'm just placed at a higher position, so if you want to blame...blame yūji!"

itadori raised a brow as he pretended that he didn't know what was going on, as he would've seemed mad if he were seen talking to his hand.

at least marri was a child, so no one really thought anything.

"anyways, I guess after being sealed away all these years, you've missed out on a lot, so I'll catch you up", marri sighed, holding her drink as she stuck the straw in sukuna's mouth, nearly stabbing the male's palate.

"isn't it good??", marri asked, to which sukuna had let out a grunt.

"are there other flavors?"

"mhm! there's milk tea, honeydew, mango, lychee, taro, coffee, and—"

"and here's all your orders", the waitress suddenly interrupted, placing the plates of sushi down as marri had taken a pair of chopsticks and immediately dug in.

"psst! s'kuna!!"

marri continuously poked itadori's hand until an irritated mouth and eye had appeared once more.

"what the fuck do you want, you annoying twerp?!"

"try this! it's my favorite sushi and I almost never share with anyone", marri quietly said, stuffing a roll in sukuna's mouth as the curse actually somewhat enjoyed it.

"but then again...I guess you're not really anyone...", marri mumbled, making sukuna click his tongue.

"watch your mouth twerp! the next time I'm let out, I'll end you before you kno—"

another roll was stuffed in sukuna's mouth as the king of curses had started aggressively chewing.

"marri, what are you doing?", satoru asked, wiping the little girl's mouth with a napkin.

"I'm feeding s'kuna, papa. what if he starves inside yūji's body? then how am I suppose to learn more about curses? he's the only one that talks!", marri explained in disbelief.

"is your child okay?", kugisaki softly asked, to which marri had just sipped her thai tea.

"she's beyond okay! she's spectacular! aren't you, marri?", satoru asked with a grin.

"sure am! because I've got the greatest papa in the entire world", marri answered.

"and I've got the greatest daughter in the entire milky way!", satoru followed up, making kugisaki confirm her theory that the two gojōs were beyond okay.

"and curses don't need to eat, you know that", satoru said.

"well yes...but I'm trying to be friends with s'kuna so that he can leak me some information you know?", marri whispered, even though everyone at the table could hear clearly.

"oh? what information? like the location of the rest of his fingers?", satoru asked.

marri scrunched up her brows.

"pft, no! I just want to know how he grew twenty fingers! you're the one that told me that he used to be human. does that mean I can grow another two arms too? do I have to drink more milk and eat more carrots?", marri asked, making satoru snort.

"also, what does his fingers taste like, yūji?", marri questioned, swinging her legs back and forth as she ate another sushi roll.

"mm...you know the taste of throw up?"

"mhm".

"it's like that but a thousand times worse!"

"oi! my fingers gave you powers, you ungrateful brat!"

"yeah, powers that I didn't ask for", itadori scoffed, slurping his ramen as marri turned towards her father.

"say, papa, can we watch doraemon tonight? there's a new episode coming out and we can't miss it again!", marri proclaimed.

"hai hai~ I promise we won't miss it!"