< V >

Neveah Aurora North:

Tiago takes a seat next to Rio and looks our way. 'You must be starving.' 

My stomach starts growling at the thought of food and I know Leya feels the same. 

I glance around, taking in all the colors playing around the room, thanks to the sun. It's absolutely breathtaking, and if it weren't for the Curzio men in the room, I would've enjoyed being here.

In the middle of the big table, there is a candle holder with exactly five dark red candles. They're scented, making the room smell like cherries. 

'Sit down.' Rio demands, before taking another sip from his wine. I wish I just stabbed him earlier. 

Because maybe if we did hurt or maybe even killed him today, we could've been back home, on our way home to say the least. 

'Chef Claudio made lasagna! It's the best lasagna in the world! You guys should try it!' Tiago exclaims. He seems very excited about the lasagna. 

Cataleya and I slowly make our way to the two seats furthest away from the men, which makes Tiago chuckle. 

'We don't bite ladies.' Rio lifts his hand and slowly signals us to come closer. Leya gets up and makes her way towards the men and I follow her example. 

We don't want a recap from earlier today. 

As soon as we're seated a bunch of people with diner plates, enter the room. They're all wearing similar outfits, all black and white. 

They serve a plate to everyone and smile at us. It's scary because it looks like all they can do is smile. 

'Buon appetito.' They say in unison, before running back to the kitchen or whatever that room is. 

The boys nod and start eating their food. It smells delicious, but what if it's poisoned? 

I look over at Cataleya, who is sitting at the other side of the table, and shrug. If they're eating it, it might mean that ours isn't poisoned either. 

'I promise we're not poisoning you.' Rio says, covering his mouth with his hand, 'So just eat before you starve to death.' 

I grab the fork placed on the table and look at the knife. The fact that Rio trusts us with the knife says enough. He doesn't think we'll do it again and to be honest, I don't think we will. 

Slowly I move the fork to my mouth, smelling the delicious-looking food for a second, and I smile. This smells like something Tiago's mother used to make. 

'It tastes even better than it smells.' Tiago laughs. Our eyes meet and I freeze. This is the second time I'm looking at him directly just because I can. 

Why am I doing this to myself? 

'So,' I look at my food and look directly at Rio, 'Since we're staying for the long run. How can we finish our study?' 

If he thought I was done asking questions, he's wrong. I am far from done. 

He nods my way and takes another sip of his wine. 'You can finish your study, I'll call your schools tomorrow to arrange everything.' 

I nod and take another bite. It indeed tastes better than it smells. 

'Define working for you?' His eyes shoot to Tiago, who sighs. They know that they have to answer all of my questions if they want me to cooperate. 

'Since you two are studying hotel management,' His eyes shoot to Cataleya, who's also looking at him. 'You'll work for me in my hotels. Managing the places a little.' Why would he-