5

*Note: I'm not the best at math so if you think I've got Theo's age wrong please let me know. Thank you in advance!

Chapter Five - Feeling Like Sunshine

Currently I'm standing in front of my opened wardrobe trying to decide which outfit I'm going to wear tonight for my date with Theo. We had passed each other in the city a few days ago when he asked for my number to give me details for the date. This morning he texted me saying to dress a little fancy. I assume the restaurant we're going to is one of the finer establishments in the city.

"You're taking too long!" Aria huffs before marching over and tugging at the skirt of a dress in my wardrobe. "Wear this!"

A light laugh escapes me and I pull it out. It's a golden yellow dress that ends at mid-thigh but a wearable shade that doesn't clash with my hair thankfully. It has a square neckline with long sleeves that are transparent and puffy. The fabric is beautifully embellished too. We love colors associated with fall so it's no surprise she has picked yellow.

Aria stands there tapping her foot on the carpet expectantly which makes me chuckle. "Alright baby, this is the one."

"Yay!" She shrieks before throwing herself at my legs in a hug.

I laugh and bend down to kiss her cheek before she runs out to let me get ready. I've already taken a shower and blow dried my hair so I get changed into the dress. My gaze catches the stretch marks from my pregnancy and I bite my lip nervously. I've never slept with anyone after my ex-boyfriend so the thought of becoming serious with Theo and him seeing my body makes me a bit anxious.

But then I think of my sweet little Aria and the confidence comes back. With a shake of my head to rid those thoughts I get dressed before styling my hair into loose curls. Next I put on my makeup but keep it light. I pack my clutch with my phone and other essentials before slipping on a pair of black heels.

Just as I'm checking myself in the mirror I hear the doorbell ring. I hear Aria yell "grandma!" before calling for me to unlock the door. I hurry out of my room and open the door to greet her. Her bright blue eyes take me in before a tender smile graces her lips.

"Hi grandma, come in."

"You look stunning Charlie! He's a lucky man!" She winks and I roll my eyes playfully with a laugh.

"Thank you." I grin as I close the door and wander to the bag I've packed. "All of Aria's things are in here. Bedtime is at eight – not that you guys are going to follow it."

"Oh please!" My grandmother waves me off adamantly as she pulls a giggling Aria closer. "Staying up for an hour or two extra on a weekend won't hurt anybody."

"You don't have to deal with her falling asleep in the car during the drive to school on a Monday morning." I tease as I hand her the bag before bending to my daughter's height. "Be good for grandma –"

"Don't eat too many sweets, don't get into trouble and don't make a mess. I got it mum don't worry!" She smiles cheekily knowing that all these things are going to happen.

I hum skeptically and walk them to the door with a sigh. They shower me in compliments and Aria's comparison of me to a sunflower makes me laugh. Giving them both a kiss to the cheek I watch them leave with a wave before shutting the door.

There's only five more minutes to go before Theo gets here so I start tidying up Aria's toys and cleaning the kitchen. Eventually I hear the doorbell ring again. After drying my hands, I walk over and pull the door open only for my eyes to widen.