Chapter 8

It just wouldn't stop.

By the time the rib-eye steak was done, there were more tears than food on the table. It was nearly impossible to keep her wailing quietly as she didn't want to make Riku angrier, he was already pissed off as it is and continued to fume in his seat.

"(Y/N) I've already told you, he's gonna be okay-"

"But-but Shiro, it was a really- a terrible mistake and-and I feel like a ho-horrible human being."

Akio sighed and handed her another tissue, desperately waiting for her to eat the dish he made. This time, he even made it with extra love and care. "You're not a horrible human. It was a small slip-up. Nothing more, nothing less. I guarantee Itsuki will forget about it next week, and you should too. Don't dwell over it, okay?"

It was about time that her tears ran dry. She'd been crying ever since she went back to the dining room, frantically telling Riku, Shiro and Akio who had just seated themselves at the table her mistake. Riku rolled his eyes and practically ignored her as she sobbed out her first three words, and Shiro gave her a few comforting words to the best of his ability but only continued to stare at her helplessly when her tears overflowed.

She sunk in her seat, the feeling of guilt overtaking her insides and made her feel weak. "Goddammit. Just eat already, crying won't make anything better." Riku said sternly, reaching over the table to stab his fork in a piece of meat and lifted it to her face.

Staring at the piece of meat hovering near her face, she slowly leaned forward and took a bite, then sunk back in her chair.

"Well, at least you're eating. Is it good?" She nodded to Akio's question. Now that her emotions have calmed down, she was able to focus more on the food and relish the taste.

It was insanely good. And so, she grabbed her fork and munched on her food through sniffs and stray tears.

"I think the food is giving her more therapy than we have." Shiro joked, snickering while he averted his gaze and pushed his glasses up as Akio glared at him.

"I'm sorry... as a therapist you shouldn't see me crying and looking weak. That was pathetic of me. Thank you all for cheering me up, it helped!" Even though her tear-streaked cheeks and red eyes said otherwise, her usual bright smile was enough to convince her clients.

They all winced when the chair scraped against the hardwood as it was pushed back roughly. Riku left the table the moment (Y/N) uttered her words. It was silent for a moment, then the therapist spoke. "Oh no, did I do something wrong again?" Tears welled up in her eyes, and the remaining two quickly shot calming words at her before she could start crying again.

A flash of white and soon a fuzzy blanket was over her shoulders. When did it get so cold? She quietly thanked Akio for the blanket and buried her face in it, mentally bashing herself for being such a sensitive idiot. Mina always said that she had a soft side that was a little too soft at times.

"You ate most of your food. Why don't we head over to a living room? We can have a chat there." She responded with a nod and allowed the blond to guide her, Shiro walking beside her on the other side.

A grandfather clock stood tall in one corner of the room, ticking as they all took a seat. For some strange reason, it was intimidating. (Y/N) unwrapped the blanket from her shoulder. "It's time to be a therapist, no more cowardly (Y/N)!" She muttered to herself, turning to the other two with furrowed eyebrows. "How was your day!"