Chapter 50: Infinity War

3rd Person POV

"Hear me and rejoice!" Ebony Maw stepped over the dead bodies of Asgardians. He passed an injured Heimdall, ignoring the pained groans from the man.

"You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan." Maw avoided walking into any of the fire that was scattered around from the attack. "You may think this is suffering. No. It is salvation."

"Universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice." Maw continued. His fellow Black Order member: Corvus Glaive stabbed his weapon down into the chest of a man, ending his life, once and for all.

"Smile. For even in death, you have become Children of Thanos." Maw finished, glaring at Loki as he walked past the God of Mischief. Loki looked from the insane hype man, turning to look at the Mad Titan as he stood over his brother.

"I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right... yet to fail, nonetheless." Thanos bent down, grabbing the defeated God of Thunder by his chestplate. He picked the man up with ease, starting to step closer to Loki.

"It's frightening. Turns the legs to jelly. But I ask you, to what end? Dread it, run from it... destiny arrives all the same." Thanos continued his speech. Loki looked out of the corner of his eye, seeing Proxima Midnight with her spear aimed at him, while the rest of the Black Order stood behind him.

"And now, it's here. Or should I say... I am." Thanos clenched his Infinity Gauntlet, causing the Power Stone to glow. Thor coughed out blood as Thanos lifted his head up.

"You talk too much." Thor spat out. The way he had been beaten so badly and easily... it scared Loki.

"The Tesseract. Or your brother's head." Thanos pointed the gauntlet to Thor's skull. The area went silent, then Thanos finished. "I assume you have a preference."

Loki looked at the crazed man with a stern expression. "Oh, I do." He began, trying to ignore the choking sounds coming from his brother. "Kill away."

Thanos wasted no time in doing such. He pressed the Power Stone against the side of Thor's head, making crackling and burning sounds as the power of the item was so incredibly fierce. Thor screamed in pain as the Infinity Stone tortured his nerves. This continued for way over 5 seconds, as Loki was about to tell Thanos to stop.

Thanos removed the gauntlet from Thor's head before Loki even spoke. He looked around the ship with a wary expression, hearing something that apparently nobody else could. Loki watched him in confusion as to what he was doing as the Mad Titan just stared at the top of the ship.

A ripple of energy made Thanos's head suddenly look ahead of him, a blue burst of energy exploding from in front of Loki, revealing (Y/N). He sprang forth, driving his foot into Thanos' chest and forcing him to drop Thor. A small grunt left the Titan's throat as he looked to his children in a silent order for them to do something.

Maw spun his hand, causing pieces of broken metal to accelerate towards (Y/N), intending on impaling him with ease.

Each piece of metal was quickly cut apart by (Y/N)'s claws, leading into him rushing Maw and planting his knee in the alien's face, knocking him across the ground and suddenly making the rest of the Black Order realise they weren't messing with any normal person like the rest of the Asgardians.