Chapter 3

Sucrose released her hand from Albedo's wrist. They both looked away with their faces blooming in red blush. A moment of silence occurred for a while until Sucrose broke the awkward silence.

"Uhm... Mr. Albedo, I-I apologize for grabbing your hand... Um... I would also like to show you my Lamp Grass experiment... I was supposed to show it to you but I-I unknowingly grabbed your ha—"

"It's... alright Sucrose. Just... show it to me because I'm curious about the result."
Albedo interrupted Sucrose.

Sucrose didn't mind and she immediately led Albedo to her room. While walking, Albedo had the time to put his coat on.

Albedo sniffed his coat and thought.
My coat smells like Sucrose's cologne now... It smells nice.

As the two alchemists enter the room, to Albedo's surprise, the Lamp Grass was pink. Not only that, but Sucrose showed Albedo the pink dust that the Lamp Grass excreted.

"How extraordinary! It's like.. fairy dust! What happens if I touch it?"

"Try to touch it."

Albedo touched the dust and the dust turned blue, then went back to pink.

"Incredible! Its color changes, this type of dust is something... What type of potion did you use?"

"I used my Testing-potion-for-plants-3075"

Sucrose explained the contents she added to the potion. She also explained that she'd be testing the dust for cooking. Which was... an odd idea. But... it's Sucrose. She's curious about everything.

"You're really interested in this Lamp Grass result, huh?"

"Of course! After all, this one was the most interesting experiment I've ever done so far."

"Well, the investigation you did is successful indeed. You've done a very good job, so get a good night's sleep."

Albedo patted Sucrose on the head with a warm smile on his face. He then left the room to go back to his home to get some rest. Sucrose paused for a moment, processing what Albedo had just done to her. After what seemed to be like forever, Sucrose's face grew red as well as her ears as it flapped up and down vigorously. That was the first time she received a pat-on-the-head-for-doing-a-good-job. She was surely happy but also flushed. She tried not to smile that much but couldn't help it, as she walked out of the headquarters with a sweet and happy smile on her face. Albedo didn't think about his actions this time but was happy with what he did and what he witnessed.

6:23 am. The next morning, Sucrose woke up just a tad bit late but she didn't mind. She got ready for a new morning to check on her experiments. Meanwhile, Albedo, on the other hand, was still sleeping. Sucrose was ready to go outside, yet she doesn't know what to do besides check on her experiments — so she'll do just that.

Sucrose headed to the Knights of Favonius Headquarters. The Knights greet her with a "good morning" and Sucrose returned the simple greeting. Sucrose walked to her room to check in her Lamp Grass, and to her surprise, it turned blue.

"So it turns pink at night then turns back to blue... amazing."

She wrote down the results of her experiments. She then brought her jar of pink dust to the kitchen and cooked her special dish. Sucrose sprinkled her dish while cooking but she just sprinkled a little bit.

"I'm assuming the taste would be strong... so I'm only sprinkling a little bit of the dust."

She also put pepper, salt, and crab roe.

SNIFF SNIFF

"What smells so good? The smell's coming from the kitchen, it's making me hungry!"