𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.

When four-fifths of the Marauders walked into Transfiguration, there was an air of tension between them and Hollis, even if she didn't quite know it yet. None of them besides Remus had gotten to see what the note said, he had ripped it up and thrown it away too quickly.

But they certainly knew that they had heard a small cry come from Remus when he thought they were all sleeping the night after.

Still, the green-eyed boy seemed persistent enough to still try to get a detention with Hollis. No matter what she did, Remus had still seen that flicker of normalcy in her eyes. And there was no way in hell he was going to let that go. Something in Remus had accepted that after all the shit she had been through for him, it was his turn.

Now Remus was the one who had to fight.

Sliding into his usual desk, Remus watched as Hollis sat by Theodore, Narcissa, and Lucius instead of by Marlene and him. Transfiguration didn't have assigned seats, Mcgonagall knew how to keep order in the classroom better than that. The professor would split students up if they caused too many disruptions, but that was fairly rare. She usually just dealt with them individually.

Sure enough, even as McGonagall started class, Hollis was still talking to Lucius, not caring much about what her professor was saying.

"After going over the theory of our Bird-Conjuring Charm yesterday, now it is time to work on the practical," McGonagall said clearly to the classroom.

All of whom were paying attention besides the four Slytherins in the back corner turned to face one another, even if that meant Narcissa and Theodore had their backs turned to their professor.

"No, I heard that Yaxley had to see Dumbledore after what he almost did to Mary Macdonald," Narcissa said in a low, gossiping tone.

"But there were no points missing from Slytherin this morning at breakfast," Hollis pointed out, her watchfulness not changing under the curse. "So the old man couldn't have gotten too mad, could he?"

The corners of Theodore's mouth tugged up in a smirk.

"I mean, that mudblood almost got what she deserved-"

"Is there something you two would like to share with the class?" McGonagall snapped, and all heads turned towards the Slytherin boy and girl.

Narcissa and Lucius quickly turned away, not wanting to be caught as well. That was a large difference between Hollis's friendships with the Gryffindors. They would always stick together, no matter the consequences.

Now, it was common place among the Slytherins to save their own necks.

"No, professor," Hollis said, having no desire to waste her evenings in detention.

Theodore, however, took this as an opportunity to stir up even more trouble while he had the classes attention.

"Actually, Macdonald," Theodore called out, and Mary turned his way with a slightly fearful expression. "What did ever end up happening with Yaxley-"

This comment was met by a series of protests and outcries from the Gryffindors and amused laughs from all the Slytherins. They all knew how upset Mary had been, and for Theodore to bring it back up again was just cruel.

"What's your issue, Nott?" Frank asked loudly, which just made the rest of the Slytherins laugh harder.

"Enough!" McGonagall said loudly, letting out a loud ban with her wand that made the class go silent. "Detention, Mr. Nott."

Hollis let out a dubious scoff, looking at McGonagall like she was ridiculous. Much louder than she had intended to, actually.

"Is something the matter, Miss Rosier?" McGonagall asked, turning to Hollis's desk in the back corner of the classroom.