29

Your POV

Before you knew it, the week was over and the trip was right around the corner. Kusuke instantly responded to Kusuo's text for help and is flying down to talk about it in person. Kusuo told him that he didn't need to come down, that a simple phone call would be fine but Kusuke insisted. I am relaxing on the couch waiting for Kusuo's text about Kusuke coming. Even though the television is on, I can't focus on it due to my nerves. Don't get me wrong, having psychic abilities is like a dream, but I don't know if I want them. My powers are probably not that big of a deal and I know I shouldn't worry, but there is so much unknowns that I can't help but be scared. The ping of an incoming text startles me back to reality. It's from Kusuo so I make my way to the door after putting my shoes on and head to the Saiki's.

The whole walk there I do my best to keep calm and before I know it, I'm at the front door. I knock a few times and the door swings open and Kusuke greets me with a warm smile.

"y/n! It is so grand to see you!" He exclaims and pulls me in for a tight hug. "I haven't seen you in forever, it's been too long." He releases me from his hug after a few seconds and a take a step back to regain my balance. He let's me inside and I see Kusuo standing in the doorway of the living room, a sour expression on his face.

"Thanks for coming all the way out here, you didn't need to do that," I say to Kusuke as he closes the door.

"It was no problem! Besides I missed my mother's cooking and my baby brother of course," Kusuke exclaims with a smug smile. Kusuo rolls his eyes and his aura just radiates annoyance.

I walk over to Kusuo and ignore Kusuke's ramble about Europe and the new inventions that he's made. I stop right in front of my boyfriend, who looks as handsome as ever, and grab his face in mine, pulling his face towards mine for a light kiss. I pull away and turn to Kusuke who has stopped his chatter and now has a stunned look on his face.

"W-waa Kusuo! You womanizer when did this happen?" Kusuke says, surprise evident on his face. But his surprise is quickly turned to a wide grin and he takes a few steps over to us, his arms wide. "Isn't this is just the cutest thing? I knew something was going on but wow, am I shocked! When's the wedding? I want to be the clergy." He stops in front of us and tries to hug me again but Kusuo stands in the way. Ku and I share a look and Kusuke gasps.

"Look at you two, just one look and you're on the same page. Ugh young love."

I giggle and Kusuo rolls his eyes. 'Shouldn't we be talking about what you're actually here for?'

"Right, right. Let's go into the dining room." Kusuke instructs as he takes strides toward the table. Kusuo exhales deeply and I pat his head. He look down at me but relaxes when he see my reasurring smile. We enter the dining room and sit next to each other while Kusuke is across from me, the same set up when we all had dinner together. Kusuke begins taking stuff out of a large crate that is on the floor next to him.

"Alrighty, so it is just a prototype to see if you even have this dampening ability but using this device," he says while pulling a bulky headset with wires and knobs sticking out the top of it, "we will be able to know if you have powers."

"It looks like it'll melt my brain," I say nervously. I play with my hands that are under the table but stop when Kusuo rests his hand on top of my wrist. I take a deep breath, his comforting touch puting me at ease.

"I'll tell you how it works so it looks less intimidating," Kusuke assures with a smile, obviously very excited to test his new device. "Even though this hunk of junk look scary, it actually doesn't interfere with you or your brain at all. The device, which I have decided to uniquically name 'The Scanner' will send a wavelength around your body and disrupt your power! It will cause no harm to you and if it works, Kusuo will be able to hear your thoughts! It's that neat!"