Chapter 43

Rus's P.O.V

My chest heaved up and down, as my eyes stared at the slammed door in front of me.

I didn't think he'd actually do it.

I thought he was just bluffing.

I thought...

Of course he wasn't.

He's America.

And the America that I know would have gone the day he was able to.

The day was today and he just left.

I sighed and shook my head, but I couldn't help but feel a sense of worry dribble down my spine.

Part of me wanted to rip open that door and run after him to join him. The other part of me was telling me to stay exactly where I was, because it was none of my business, nor was it very smart in my opinion.

A war raged on inside of my head, while I tried to decide what I should do. One side would eventually win, whereas the other one would be scuffed out for good.

I turned away from the door after a few minutes and dragged my feet back to my bedroom.

I plucked out some night-wear and put them on, as I lifted up my blankets and crawled in. I then reached over to my nightstand and clicked the button on the side of it and made the light turn off.

My eyes fluttered closed and I attempted to go to sleep.

Yet, no matter what I tried to do, nothing would work. I was stuck in a stage of alertness, while the hours of the night passed over me.

Anxiety soaked into my brain and paranoia made my eyes snap open at the tiniest of sounds.

The minutes were drawn out and the sound that was the clearest to me was the rapid banging of my heart out of fear; pure and utter fear.

I was afraid for him: for what will, has, and is happening to him.

Was he alright?

Was he there yet?

Was he happy that he left?

Was my mind overthinking most of this? Probably, but I felt justified to do so.

I tossed and tumbled in my sheets, but I succumbed to the reality of impossibility after failing to rest.

I spent the next few hours looking up anything that could be happening over there. I found a lot of useless stuff about murders in cities, politicians running for president, and about movements going on all across the country.

I didn't care about them, I cared about finding out what was happening with his states and him.

I eventually found something a bit recent which talked about how both of them haven't been seen in an elongated span of time, which was weird for any countryhuman, but especially America and his kids.

My brain was suddenly overcome with a blaring noise that was coming from my phone. I clicked the off button and checked the time; seven.

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. I hadn't even realised how much time had passed by.

My legs swung themselves over my bed in a mechanical manner and I stood up. I wavered my way over to the bathroom and glanced in the mirror.

My eyes looked bloodshot while there was clear evidence of deprived slumber. My face all together was filled with a sense of boredom, or was it a lack of anything? I couldn't tell.