Chapter-37

Callie woke up in the middle of the night "what the hell" she muttered to herself. She just stared at the ceiling, not bothering to move, eventhough lights are off, the room was bright with moonlight coming from window.

After few minutes, she rolled into her bedside and took her phone to check the time.

2.45 am

She sighed and tried to ignore the cold air that is suddenly surrounding her, she looked around to see her brother Edward sleeping on the couch.

Without making any noise she rose from her bed, not wanting to wake her brother.

She looked around the room, feeling shivers as the cold air hit her skin. She walked towards the window, only to find it open.

Who opened this window??

'May be I forgot to close it' Callie thought to herself.

Callie have this habit of watching the moon sitting beside window till she start to feel sleepy.

It was a habit she grew during her time in Knight Academy.

Callie would just sit by the window and watch the stars, it always managed to make her calm.

Deciding not to come up with some wild theories, she walked out her room making sure Edward is okay.

Callie know the reason behind her restlessness. She isn't a fool, she could clearly tell that someone was watching her the whole time on Mc Donald and the car that followed on their way to home.

After all she is trained for these stuffs.

Suddenly the pop sound on her phone made her jump back.

'Fuck, who the hell is messaging this time, almost gave me a heartache' Callie thought

Unknown
I can't wait to meet you Eva Gabriel 🤡

Callie stood there frozen, it was like, suddenly the room went cold.

She could feel her breath getting ragged, and sweat forming in her forehead.

Ignoring it Callie focused on what Doctor Steve told her.

"Breath in....... Breath out" Callie spoke trying to control her breathing, till her breath was normal.

It's going to a long night

Next morning

Callie, Damien and Xander was having breakfast taking their own time, three of them are acting like they aren't already late to school.

"Good morning bro!" Damien shouted at Diego, who walked into the room looking annoyed

"Aren't you late for school brats" Diego asked grumpily

"Well Someone surely woke up on the wrong side" Callie spoke with amusement as she eyed her brother who was still in pyjamas and hair sticking out in all direction.

"Yesterday's meeting took you so long" Xander asked with a smirk.

"I went to have a business deal, what do you expect" Diego spoke with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah, and it had nothing to do with Miss Scarlet wright" Xander teased with a smirk.

Making Damien and Callie choke on their milkshake.

Diego threw a bread at Xander but he catched it with his mouth.

"Really, you are using Bread as your weapon" Xander gasped dramatically, but with a proud look at himself. Making Callie and Damien burst into laughter.