Chapter 21 - Fractured ankles

This is gonna be a two-part chapter except still labeled as two different ones if that makes sense.

Also, trigger warning: brief mention of murder.

Fuck.

Wasn't life supposed to be easy peasy lemon squeezy? It's very much stressy depressy lemon zesty instead.

I was riding my skateboard through the kitchen at 1 am last night, fell, and now have a fractured ankle.

School's also making us study harder than usual for the tests coming up and I just got over an episode and I'm exhausted.

Also, fun fact, today's my birthday. I'm nineteen now. I would be in college except I got held back in seventh grade. Fuck Mrs. Hemps. Ooh, and I'm designing Issac's new tattoo so I'm excited about that.

"Hey, Hermosa," my dad comes in and smiles at me, "Happy birthday!"

"Thanks, papá." I smile at him.

"Are you alright?" He comes over and sits on the bed.

"Yea, just tired." That's not completely true yet not a lie either.

He frowns, "I know you Hermosa, that's not it but I won't push."

"Thank you," I tell him sincerely. I hear voices downstairs and then loud footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Kids, not yet!" Dad gets up and tries to get to the door before the footsteps do but fails. Ava, Wyatt, Alden, Alec, Rowan, Jonas, Orion, Molly, Jared, fuck him once again, and Issac all standing in the doorway with huge grins.

"Happy birthday!" They shout in sync.

"I fucking love you guys, not you though, Jared." I shake my head and grab my crutches. I get up and start giving them hugs, except Jared of course.

"Ouch, no hug or love you?" Jared puts a hand over his heart.

"No." Me and Issac respond at the same.

"Calm down lover boy, it's not like I like her or anything," Jared rolls his eyes.

"No wonder my kids don't like you, sarcastic fucking shithead," Dad shakes his head.

Jared looks at him offended while the rest of us try not to laugh, "Eli-,"

"Mr. Sloan." Dad stops him.

We all burst out laughing and Jared huffs.

My dad's fucking awesome.

"Well, we're going to celebrate with people so Ty, get ready and everyone out." Dad ushers everyone out.

I grab some black cargo pants, a white cropped carebear shirt with blue sleeves, and my black converse. I get dressed, fix my hair, put on a bit of eyeliner, put on my accessories, step out of my room, and head downstairs. I fucking hate these crutches.

I smell waffles and instantly go to the kitchen where everyone's sitting.

"Good morning." Issac, Rowen, Wyatt, Ava, dad, Alden, Alec, Jonas, and Molly all say as I sit down.

"You all sound like robots, try spicing it up a bit," Jared says.

"Morning motherfuckers!" I shout.

"Ty, language," dad sighs.

"Never!" I yell grabbing a piece of bacon. Dad starts setting the table and everyone just kinda stares at the amount of food.

"Dad, why is there that much food there?" Wyatt asks.

"Well, I have to feed five kids regularly, right? That's already a lot of food, but now, I have ten kids and then myself to feed, and that's only breakfast." Dad slowly explains.