sad ass dally imagine

"everything is more beautiful because we are doomed. you will never be lovelier than you are now. we will never be here again." - homer (not the simpson one 🙄)

blue and red lights reflected of the wet pavement. fog made the entire scene seem so much more like one of those old horror movies. none of us were absolutely sure about what was happening until we heard gunshots.

an inhuman scream left my body while i watched dally's body roll down the hill. the guys struggled to hold me back. all of them were yelling at me, telling me that there was no use in trying to save him. some how i broke through them and ran towards dally. he was on his back with his arms splayed beside him.

"hey, you're going to be fine, okay?" i reassured  while taking my jacket off and pressing it to his chest to keep pressure on his wounds. "we're going to get you to a hospital and you're going to be just fine."

"don't waste your giving yourself false hope, doll. just let me look at you." he placed his hand on my cheek and caressed it. "you're so beautiful right now, you know that?"

"oh dal, thank you, but let's worry about y-"

"everything about you is so much more beautiful when i know it's the last time i'm ever going to experience it."

i opened my mouth to say something back, but there was nothing. if i spent the rest of my life trying to come up with words to say to him that were equal to what he said, i wouldn't be able to do it.

"it's not the last time, though. it's not," was all i could conjure up before i broke into a sob.

"doll, please. i don't want the last thing i see to be you crying. especially over me."

i stopped crying and kept still, afraid that if i moved tears would come falling again. the corners of dally's lips turned up in a smile for the last time in his much too short of a life. the content expression on his face left me with some type of guilty relief. he was still suffering, i shouldn't have felt like a weight was taken off of my shoulders.

he coughed, spitting up blood. i tried to wipe it off of him the best i could but just ended up smearing more on his face. i cringed. there was something so much more grotesque about the blood on his face than the blood on his chest. i put more pressure with my jacket.

i turned my head towards the faint sound of a siren. i didn't know whether to cry tears of joy because it was on its way or cry tears of sadness and anger because it was too far way.

dally groaned, coughing again. his breathing became more struggled and ragged second by second.

"they're coming for you. just try to stay awake a little longer."

"i just want to sleep, doll. i just want to sleep. let me do that."

the lump in my throat became bigger and bigger. i realized this was truly the end. a few more seconds and he wouldn't be here anymore as a living breathing person with thoughts and feelings. he would just be another body covered with a white sheet.

"you can't. they're almost here."

he faded in and out of consciousness in a disorganized rhythm. i would tap his face every time he even closed his eyes for a second.

with the last bit of his strength, he cupped my face in his hand again.

"i love you, doll," he whispered, gazing at me like i was the only thing he ever wanted to adore.

"i love you too," i mouthed just as his hand went limp.

his eyes closed. i didn't try to keep him awake this time. i let him go. he was tired of fighting a fight he knew he was going to lose. when his chest stopped rising and falling, i took my hands off of him and turned around. the guys watched the whole thing while standing from a distance. i couldn't tell if they felt worse for me or themselves.

tears weren't falling from my eyes anymore. everything was blurry and numb. absolutely numb. i stood up, leaving my jacket on his chest. bloody hand prints covered the light blue denim. it just looked like a sad attempt of trying to stop the inevitable.

ambulances came rolling in a few seconds later. paramedics sat me down and poked and prodded at me to make sure i was okay. i assumed they thought the blood on my hands was mine, not dally's.

i watched them roll his body away, blood slowly seeping through the white sheet that covered him.

um wow sorry for this sad ass shit. the quote just fit extremely well in this scene so i wanted to use it 😩😔anyway i hope you all are well. im good because i got a big ass box of crayons and a bunch of coloring books. one has hamsters at a disco so that's giving me a serotonin overload 😼 if this is bad keep it to yourself or i'll cry. i didn't proof read this cause i'm tired sorry. as always, thanks for reading and love you all.