Not That Handsome

I appeared in front of Varian who was sitting at a fountain and staring at the ground. "Is this seat taken?" He looked up at me and gave me a quick hug. "Where did Rapunzel end up taking you?" He asked as he pulled away. "First she took me to this 'single ladies picnic' and she explained very briefly about how since I'm 'single' and how Cass is we should hang out and then she said she'd be there because we're all friends."

Varian tilted his head to the side like a puppy. "But you're not single? I-I mean unless y-you didn't mean it when you s-said you wanted to b-be my girlfriend." He said rubbing the back of his neck and stumbling over his words. I shook my head and placed one of my hands on his cheek. "Sapphires were still dating. I did continuously get cut off though whenever I tried to tell both of them that I wasn't single." We both sat back down at the fountain. "Then what happened?" "I got dragged to her room, she placed notes inside of her freaking hair! And honestly they weren't that creative. Mine said 'you were made to do great things' and she even drew a witches hat and broomstick." I said as I laughed. "Then she took me to Cassandra's room and gave us both paintings. After that I told her I wasn't single and kind of disappeared before she could ask questions." I showed Varian the painting as he examined it.

"Wow I'll never get over how amazing you looked that day... I-I mean y-you look g-good all the t-time!" I giggled and held his hand. "I knew what you meant sapphires." I said with a blush on my cheeks.

We ended up just talking and enjoying each other's company before we started walking around the now quiet kingdom. We ended up walking near the docks. I was walking along the edge of the docks, much to Varian's displeasure, as we held hands. "Thank you so much for bringing me here, Sapphires. I'm sorry I ended up getting dragged away for a while as well. I tried to get away as fast as I could." I said watching my every step. "I know how hard it can be to get away from Rapunzel." He said while pulling me slightly towards him whenever I would slightly lose my balance.

I glanced up and saw a train of golden hair and a black cat following. I looked over to Varian and saw that he was staring at me with the same confused expression I held. I put my finger over my mouth signaling him to be quiet as we followed who we assumed was Rapunzel and Sunny.

We silently watched as Rapunzel stood on a few barrels and lose her balance. Varian tapped my shoulder and gestured towards the end of the dock. There stood Cassandra. She glanced back before staring back out at the sea. A lantern appeared and she took ahold of it. A man started to approach her.

"Oh there you are." She said softly. "I couldn't resist the invitation." I felt my breath catch in my throat as I stared at the man. 'H-he's from my dream.' A million thoughts were going through my head as I stared at my man with my hand over my mouth. I felt a hand rest on my shoulder and I couldn't help but jump from it.

I looked back at Varian and he looked concerned. He mouthed a quick 'are you okay?' I nodded, but we both knew that was a lie.

We shot our heads to the sound of Rapunzel shouting and a splash. Varian and I watched as they pulled Rapunzel out of the water. "Cass? And friend of Cass? No introduction? Okay, yeah, that's fine." The man spoke up again. "Oh I-I'm sorry. I'm Andrew. You must be cold. Please take my jacket." He said before giving his jacket to Rapunzel. Their conversation continued and Rapunzel ended up back in the water. This time it was Varian and I who pulled her out.

The whole way back to the castle Rapunzel couldn't stop talking about he Andrew guy and Cassandra. 'If my dream is right, like they normally are, then there is something seriously wrong with that guy.' Thankfully Rapunzel was too caught up with Cassandra to even think about what I had told her earlier. She let Varian, Sunny, and I stay in the castle for the night. It was definitely one of the most luxurious places I've ever stayed in before.

I woke up to Rapunzel bursting into my room and practically getting me ready for the day herself. The workers in the palace washed my clothes that night so I just wore the same blue and black dress. Rapunzel then dragged me to her balcony. When we both arrived, Eugene and Varian were already there. Varian rubbed his eyes a few times and yawned. I walked up to him and gave him a hug.

"Morning sapphires." "Good morning mil-" he paused to yawn. "Lady." I giggled. I saw Eugene and Rapunzel spying on Cassandra and this Andrew character. "Wow Cassandra actually found a boyfriend." Eugene said passing the spy glass to Rapunzel. "He is so hand...hands...his, um, they aren't proportional to the rest of his body. Gross, ugh, not attracive." Rapunzel said while fumbling with the soy glass. "You think he's handsome? His eyebrows are clearly asymmetrical, and you call that facial hair come on. (Y/n) do you think he's handsome?" Everyone looked at me expectingly.

"Umm...if I'm being completely honest...I think he's anything but attractive. H-he seems dangerous...I don't trust him." I said looking down and fiddling with my thumbs and biting my lip. I caught a glimpse of Varian and he seemed worried. "See! (Y/n) knows what she's talking about. Not handsome at all." Eugene said as if he was trying to prove he's more handsome. "How great would it be if the four of us became best friends and did couple things all the time together?" Rapunzel said probably already imagining up a storm.

"Uh yeah great isn't the first word that comes to mind. Honestly, stomach churning. That does." Rapunzel seemed to completely ignore him. "The only problem is I think Cass is kind of shy when it comes to admirers." "Cassandra may be a lotta things and I mean, a lot of things. But shy ain't one of them. I mean if you're looking for shy just look at (y/n). Now that is a pretty shy and closed off girl, while Cassandra is a stone cold closed off snake. You're better off letting her handle this however she sees best." I looked at Varian. "I don't know if I should be offended or not." He just shrugged and placed his chin on my shoulder and hugging my waist.

"I agree with you, to a point." Rapunzel said. I felt Varian remove his arms and just held my hand. "And to which point would that be?" Rapunzel then turned to me. "(Y/n) if I remember correctly you said yesterday that you're no longer single?" I blushed softly and nodded. I could practically see Rapunzel gushing. "How would you like do go on a triple date with us?" She said with a bright smile. I turned to Varian and he was already glancing at me. "It's your call milady." With that I watched as Rapunzel and Eugenes eyes widened to the size of a small dinner plate. "You two are?" Eugene asked pointing between Varian and I. We both nodded. "Well honestly it's about time! So when did this happen?" He asked. "The day after the science expo." Varian said and I nodded. Rapunzel looked down at me smiling softly. "So about that triple date?" I looked down. "Can we have some time to decide?" She nodded and I grabbed Varian's hand and ran out of the room.

I took him into the room I was staying in and started pacing back and forth with my head tilted down. "You know we don't have to if you don't want to right?" Varian asked as he stood in front of me stopping me from my pacing. "I-I just don't trust that Andrew guy. I had a dream the other night a-and he was in it and something really bad happened. I don't want to go because I don't want it to come true, but I don't want to let Rapunzel down. She's one of the few friends I have, and I don't want to disappoint her at all." I ran my hands through my hair frustrated and a bit stressed.

"Do you want to talk about the dream at all?" Varian asked looking down at me with his soft kind blue eyes. I slowly shook my head no after having portions of it replay through my mind. I felt him cup my cheek and softly turn my head up to face him. "Okay if you want to talk about it just let me know. And if you do decide that you want to go on this double date then I promise I won't leave your side." I thought for a few seconds before nodding. He pulled me into a hug and placed a soft kiss on my forehead. 'Even if I say no, will I still end up on that triple date?'