Chapter Twenty-Seven

The words clanged through me as I removed my hand from Loki's cheek. He shifted back to his Asgardian form.

"What did you just say?" I breathed.

"I think you are Asgardian," Loki said. "You touched a Jotun and did not get immediately frostbitten, and your magic is Asgardian."

I took a step back.

"I – what?" I said, not being able to comprehend it all.

"Do you remember anything before you were taken by Hydra?" Loki asked.

"I – no," I said. "But I'm sure that my parents lived here. I'm sure of it."

Loki looked at me solemnly.

"If we go to Asgard, you will know for sure," Loki said.

I stayed silent, a million thoughts flying through my head. Asgardian? Me? It made all and no sense. If I was Asgardian, how did I get here on Earth? If I was Asgardian, me having magic would make complete sense.

"I am sorry for distressing you," Loki said. "I didn't mean for this to upset you."

"I – it's just a lot to take in," I said.

I sat down on the couch with my head in my hands. Loki tentatively sat next to me. I leaned into him and he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

The next day I had come to terms that I was possibly Asgardian. I held Loki's arm while we waited for Thor and Jane so that we could go to Asgard. Loki was in his Asgardian armour while I wore a pair of jeans and a green shirt.

When Thor and Jane finally arrived, Thor got Heimdall to teleport us to Asgard. I held onto Loki tightly as we travelled up that rainbow bridge. I saw flashes of colours and galaxies before we were standing in a domed room.

"Thor, Loki, Lady Jane, welcome back. Lady y/n, welcome to Asgard," a deep voice said.

I turned to the sound and saw a man in golden armour. Upon closer inspection, I noticed his eyes were a brilliant gold.

"This is Heimdall," Loki introduced.

"It's nice to meet you," I said.

"And you," Heimdall said.

Loki and Thor led Jane and I to a pair of horses. Loki grabbed my waist and lifted me onto a majestic, black horse, while Thor helped Jane onto a white horse. Loki sat in the saddle behind me and grabbed the reins around my waist.

We rode through the city. It was magnificent. There were trees and flowers everywhere, and you could see the castle from almost everywhere in the city. The palace was big and golden, and the highest turret was unbelievably tall.

Once we reached the courtyard, Loki jumped off the horse before helping me off.

"Would you like to change before meeting my parents?" Loki asked me.

I looked down at my attire. Nothing was wrong with it, but I knew that Asgard was more formal and fancier than Midgard. I looked to Jane and saw she was wearing a flowing red dress. But I liked my clothes, and I had absolutely no desire to impress Odin after what he'd done to Loki. The only person I wanted to impress was Frigga but based on what Loki had told me about her, she would accept me no matter what I wore.

Besides, it was difficult to fight in a dress.

"No, this is fine," I said, smiling.

Loki smiled back at me and I leaned in to kiss him. The kiss was innocent but sweet. When we pulled apart, Thor was smiling at us fondly.

"What?" I asked.

Thor just shrugged.

"It's nice to see my brother happy," Thor said.

I smiled and so did Loki.

"Well, we'd better get going, don't you think?" Jane said.

Thor nodded and we began walking down the halls of the castles.

"Meeting the king and queen will be fine," Jane said. "Frigga is really nice. It's only Odin who you need to impress."

"I don't need to impress anyone," I said.

Loki smirked from his place beside me and Thor shook his head fondly. We continued to walk down the halls of the palace. Out of the windows, I saw rolling hills and meadows. I saw lakes, rivers, and mountains. The landscape was so beautiful, I almost cried. And the sky. The sky was so infinitely blue, it was beautiful.

After a few minutes of walking, we reached the doors to the throne room.

Was I nervous? Yes, definitely. Was I going to break down in front of the royals? Absolutely not.

Loki grabbed my hand and squeezed.

"Curtsy when I bow, and rise when Odin tells you to," Loki said.

I nodded and two guards opened the doors to the throne room.

I was finally going to meet the King and Queen of Asgard.