Chapter 204: Auros

Erin went to the living room to greet Archaea and Sebastian. Archaea had a quick talk with Erin and afterwards, she welcomed the guest.

"Good day, Archaea-san." Sona said with a small bow.

"You must be Sona-chan?" Archaea glanced at Bennia who was busy scanning the living room. "And that Grim Reaper over there is part of your peerage, I suppose?"

"Yes. Her name is Bennia. Please pardon our intrusion."

"Don't mind it, Sona-chan." Archaea waved her hand dismissively. "You are free to visit our house whenever you like."

Sona thanked her in reply and the two engaged in a conversation about Magicians and household tasks.

"I hope that the rogue magicians who caused trouble for our family were stopped for good." Archaea smiled sadly. "I don't want my children to go through any sort of painful experience because of them"

"Don't worry, Archaea-san." Sona spoke in determination. "Not only the Underworld, but the other forces of the Great Powers are also doing their best to eliminate such threats."

"That's good. After all, I only want to ensure that everyone is happy and safe from harm."

Archaea's gaze landed on Erin who was talking with the twins.

"I'm glad that Erin is smiling more right now. She used to be a nonchalant and stoic acting kid before."

Sona continued listening to Archaea.

"The incident regarding Kaori-chan made her act cold and closed off before. Because of that incident, she rarely displayed her emotions. That's why, I'm happy that Rias and the others brought her out of that negative state. She was able to move forward and bring back her smile."

Archaea placed a hand on Sona's shoulders.

"And I'm thankful that she continues to make friends each day. Please look over my daughter and knock some sense into her if ever she acts recklessly."

"Of course, Archaea-san." Sona made a small bow and Archaea smiled at this. The latter eventually excused herself to catch up with Sebastian.

"I hope Mom didn't speak about weird topics." Erin said once Sona sat next to her on the couch.

"It was nothing weird. We just discussed about Magicians and househould tasks."

The twins greeted Sona and they excused themselves to do other things.

"Did you receive calls from Rias recently?"

"Yes. She is updating me and the others about their progress in the Vampire territory." Erin spoke while casting her gaze forward. "I can only hope that things go well."

"I see.. And I suppose you miss Rias' presence?" Sona leaned on the couch and gazed at the Goddess curiously.

"Well yes. It might sound funny but I miss Rias' clingyness and annoying side." Erin chuckled then smiled in yearning.

"I do love her, very much."

Sona hummed in response and then asked curiously.

"Just for curiosity sake, between Rias and Akeno, whom did you fell for first?"

Erin blinked in surprise since she didn't expect that Sona would be casually discussing these topics. Nevertheless, she tapped her chin in thought and replied.

"Akeno certainly got my attention first. But in terms of romantic attachment, I fell in love with Rias first. I do admit that there was always an attraction I felt towards Akeno, and so, that was part of the reason why I consented to a polygamous relationship. Over the time, my attraction towards Akeno gradually turned to love."

"I see.. but did you always know that you would fall for them?" Sona adjusted her glasses. "To be precise, were you always aware that you'll fall in love with girls?"

"Oh my.." Erin faked a gasp and spoke teasingly. "Did a beautiful maiden caught your attention perhaps? Or were you just asking out of curiousity..?"

"Who knows?" Sona shrugged and Erin laughed lightly at this.

"Well, I never really put much thought about it. Falling in love, I mean." Erin smiled faintly. "To be honest, I never believed in real life romance before. That is, until I met Kaori."

Erin smiled faintly.

"She was the person who made me realize that I can fall in love. I never really labeled myself and dictated that I should fall in love with girls but because of Kaori, I realized that I am indeed attracted to girls. I never felt romantically attracted to guys anyway- I mean sure, I can appreciate their looks and develop friendly crushes, but it never went past the point where I wanted to date them."

Erin looked at Sona.

"And in terms of being aware whether I would eventually fall in love with Rias, or Akeno, my honest answer would be No. I was never aware and I didn't imagine that I'll fall in love with them."

A smile graced the Goddess' lips.

"I think it's best to say, that love was the one who found me."

"Love found you?" Sona tilted her head to the side and Erin grinned sheepishly.

"Yeah, it sounds cheesy, and illogical even. Believe me, I also thought about that. But that's really what I felt. I can't explain in detail. I can only describe how it made me feel."

Erin raised her finger while explaining.

"Point is, you can never anticipate when you will fall in love. Thus, love will be the one to find you."

"And how would you know that you are already in love?" Sona asked with interest.

"Because you'll just know it." Erin flashed a warm smile. "It doesn't need any explanation. It doesn't need detailed analysis. You'll just know that it feels right, without having to think on why that is."

"That's kind of... hard to imagine." mused Sona. "It's like.. you have the answer, but at the same time you don't?"

Erin chuckled lightly before replying.

"Yes. Something like that. But you don't have to figure out everything. When you look at that said person, that will be the only answer you need."

A comfortable silence enveloped them and Erin brought up another topic.

"Saji mentioned that you are planning to establish a school in the Underworld."

"Yes. I already examined the location and other necessary requirements on that." Sona made a thinking expression. "Although I still have to decide on its name."

"Hmm....." Erin thought for a moment then came up with a suggestion.

"How about Auros? Auros Academy?"

"Auros?" Sona raised a brow and waited for the Goddess to explain.

"Auros. From the latin name of the element Gold, which is Aurum. Since your school will be the first school in the Underworld to create many opportunities for devils, I deem it to be Golden. A Golden School who will open the doors for devils even in the lowest standings to reach their dreams."

Erin spoke proudly.

"That's how I imagine your school to be.

"I see..." Sona smiled in response. "Auros.. That indeed sounds nice."

- End of Chapter -

Author's Note: Sona and Erin named a school together. What a beautiful bond :) Or is there something more....?