{ 0.9 }

TW: Fat-Shaming

LILY WALKED WITH CHARLIE to their first class, Potions with the head of Slytherin house, Professor Snape.
From the impression Lily and her brother got from the man with greasy black hair, and a crooked nose, he didn't seem to like them much.

The second he lay eyes on them, their lighting-bolt shaped scars began to burn.
The two immediately got an odd feeling about Professor Severus Snape, and had completely forgotten about him, until their first lesson on September 2nd.

The class was mainly full of Slytherin's and Gryffindor's, there were also a few Ravenclaw's and Hufflepuff's.

Lily was sitting in-between Charlie and Ron, waiting for Snape to come to class.

"I'm really funny." Said Lily, randomly. She was gazing blankly at a wall.
"That's nice." Said Charlie, who was looking around, the two seemed lost in thought.

"Oi!" Lily heard a voice that had already become all to familiar to her.
She turned around, to the boy behind her.

"What is it, Lupin?" She asked, while Charlie stifled a laugh.
"You, me, little.. walk around the grounds tonight? Say.. 8:00?" He smirked at the girl.

"Faire cheir." She said, as the boys smirk was swapped with confusion.
"What in the bloody hell does that mean?"
He asked, as their friends observed the conversation.

"It means piss off." She turned around, as the people around them laughed quietly, while Tommy put a hand to his heart, dramatically, while Hermione's eyes remained wide, due to the 'bad language'.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving," a sudden loud voice, and the sound of four windows shutting. Both Lily and Charlie jumped, but ended up trying to hold in their giggles.

"Or silly incantations in this class." He stood in-front of his desk, gazing down at the students.
"I don't expect many of you to appreciate the science, and exact-art that is Potion making.. however." He continued.
"However.. for those.. select few, who possess the pre-disposition.. I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and insnare the senses, I can tell you how to bottle fame, and brew glory. I can teach you how to.. put a stopper in, death."

He shifted his gaze to Harry, who had been writing 'brew glory... bewitch the mind' on his parchment.

"Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities, so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay. Attention."

Hermione nudged Harry, before he looked up at the Professor with wide eyes.

He eyed Harry, before looking around the class, and his eyes set on Lily.
His eyes widened, and his breath was caught in his throat for a swift moment.

The class couldn't help but wonder why, why would a professor look at a young.. innocent girl with such shock?
They were test to find out.

"Ah.. Mister, and Miss Potter. Our new celebrities." Lily realised he was taunting the two, and slumped back in her chair slightly, although crossing her legs.

Lily and Harry were very similar, yes, that was for sure. But when it came to these type of situations, Lily was more relaxed than her brother.

He became anxious, and afraid, while she was calm. Yes, she was slightly nervous, not not much.

He looked back to Harry.
"Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" He questioned, and Hermione's hand shot straight up.

While her brother sat still, Lily thought to her school books that she had read over before arriving at Hogwarts.
"Wormwood.. Asphodel.." she whispered to herself, before finally remembering what she thought was the correct answer.