Chapter 8

The Ji family has been very busy the past week, everyone in the village notice that they will go out in the morning and return late,even though its winter.

The joy in Ji family can't compare these days.

The stall is making so much profit just within a week, mother Ji smiles so much, even though its stressful,the joy of making money can't just compare ah!!

Xu Heshan's family fight won't just finish...
The difference is now so clear in his family.
Since the day he paid Ji Yulan's dowry his mother has stopped serving dinner with his share...

When he asked, her reply was ''didn't you just paid a huge amount of money to marry a wife,the wife should feed you then, humph''

Xu Heshan was so heart broken,when he complained to Ji Yulan she asked him to come eat dinner at her house,for the past few days it's like they are already marriage...
Ji Yulan will make carry able dishes such as steam buns,egg rolls in the morning for Xu Heshan as breakfast,for lunch he can settle himself since he drives goods to the city, for dinner she will go to the stall and pack rice in a lunch box,when she gets home will make some side dishes.

Because the Ji family gets back from town very late, Xu Heshan will have dinner comfortably with Ji Yulan before leaving...

At dinner tonight Xu Heshan is obviously so happy, he kept staring at Ji Yulan with every mouthful of rice he takes ....

Ji Yulan's was used to his constant stares,she wasn't so uncomfortable as the first time..... '' what is making you so happy ehm ''

'Yulan'er, I said call me husband,tomorrow is our wedding banquet, we already have our certificate,you can just start getting use to calling me husband after all from tomorrow we will live together ''

Oh they got the marriage certificate today.
Wearing the black trousers and white shirt Ji Yulan sewed for him,he came to her house early in the morning with a bicycle,ready to go the civil bureau office...

Ji Yulan was also wearing a long black cotton skirt and white shirt,this was bought by mother Ji from the clothe store in town...
When the family presented it to her after dinner 3days ago she was moved to tears...

They have never done anything for her....

It seems she made the right decision to give them another chance.
How can one survive without the love of family... even if there is a strong hatred,is it not better to try resolving it?...its only when the other party doesn't want to then you can severe that family relationship.....

The family has also realize their mistake,others might think its because they think Ji Yulan can make money now but no...mother Ji had a frighten dream,where she saw herself being beaten and punished for choosing sons over daughters...
She was beaten so badly,then thrown into a deep dark forest,she also saw her sons but when she asked them for help they only told her she deserve it and they left her to die,after an agonizing hour it was her daughter that came to save her.

The next morning she called her family members excluding Ji Yulan, after narrating everything in her dream which she believe is a warning, she asked her sons and husband to ask for Ji Yulan forgiveness...

At break fast that morning Ji Yulan was puzzled when she saw their sad faces,it was father Ji that started the conversation with a cough....

''uhm,uhm...Ji Yulan this family has wronged you so much over the years, father is saying sorry, it took a terrifying warning for us to realize how we didn't cherish the gift of heaven, now father understands whether a girl or a boy they are all the same...father has now decided that everything in this family will have your share including the stall business that we have started,in the first place it was your dowry money that was used ''
Everyone nodded...

Ji Yulan knew they must have had this discussion when she was in the kitchen but she has already thought about it, all the raw materials for the food in the stall comes from her space in this way she will also make money, and this stall,she wanted to use it as settlement for her natal family, she doesn't want them to come disturb her and Heshan for finical assistance when they final settle down....

'' Father,Yulan knows but we are family so I have forgiven you all, as for the stall I don't need any shares from it,let my brothers handle it and have a way to make money, soon they will also have a family. I only have one condition,  my friend that I told you about should be in charge of supplies even when the business grow,what do you think??''

Father Ji was very happy hitting the table he nodded ''of course, of course this little thing will be handled ''

They brothers where all happy when they thanked her with a tender and loving expression on their face.

Ji Yulan sighed with relief... At least she can make money in peace,with everyone busy making money, who will bother with what she and Xu Heshan have.

As tomorrow was Ji Yulan's wedding banquet, mother Ji didn't sleep well as she was anxious and very nervous....
At the break of dawn, the Ji's family kitchen is very busy,the men where kneading while the women where making the fillings,frying meat,rolling meat balls....

Even though food wasn't as hard to get ad few years ago,nobody can resist the scent of meat...

Varieties of dishes has been made by noon.

The Ji family has really gone out of their way to make this wedding banquet the best in recent times in the village...fish dishes, such Fisher soup,fish roll,fish balls,roasted fish....
Fish symbolise that the couple will have many children like the fishes of sea....
The meat was strictly a suckling pig which symbolise virtue and purity and also may the bride have many babies to suckle her breast.
There is also noodles which symbolise long life..
Rice which the staple food in China symbolise that the family will never lack food in their house...
Prawns where also served because they where pronounced as 'HA' in Chinese,the sound of laughter which means the couple will have lots of laughter through out their life....

Of course the Ji family couldn't cook the 8 wedding dishes but they have tried their best...the village was amaze at how they did this.....

The wedding banquet was successful and Ji Yulan was taken to her new home and wedding room.

*************
Sorry for the long wait...
Vote and comment....