Chapter 209: Off to Romania!

The ORC, Sona, Tsubaki Shinra, and the Heaven side (Sister Griselda and Joker Dulio) are having a meeting within the VIP room located on the highest floor of the Vermillion residence.

Everyone got immediately shocked after hearing the situation from Azazel who has his image displayed from the magic-circle.

“Rias and Kiba have been what!?”

Azazel nods at Erin's words.

"Yeah, apparently there was some kind of huge movement from the Tepes side. Both the Tepes and Carmilla, and the boundary line within their territory, have become covered in a state of confusion. You can presume that there was a coup d’état on the Tepes side. There’s a high chance that Rias and Kiba got mixed up in that. They have most likely been caught. I can’t contact Rias from over here. Isn’t it the same over there?"

Everyone became silent at Azazel's sudden report. Akeno tries to communicate with Rias by making a small magic-circle, but there is no response.

"According to the higher-ups on Carmilla’s side, apparently the one who lead the Tepes has been replaced after the coup d’état."

“That surely is an absurd thing going on over there." Erin remarked.

"……Right now, it seems like the Head of the House of Tepes, who is the King of the Tepes faction that favors men over women, escaped from his capital."

“……For the King of Tepes to flee alone proves that something has happened that would make him take that action.” Akeno muttered while twitching her eyebrows.

“Most likely the Khaos Brigade intervened due to the incident related to the Holy Grail. You can assume that the Tepes faction is being controlled by the Khaos Brigade from the shadows.” said Sona while putting her hand under her chin.

"Yeah, the Khaos Brigade must have helped them from behind the scenes. The Carmilla faction also shares the same opinion as me regarding this incident."

Azazel says that as if he is bored and continues.

"Originally, the Vampires that consist of both the Tepes and the Carmilla side avoided contact with other forces and managed their own domestic affairs. Because of that, there was a slight opening for the Khaos Brigade to slip themselves through. There’s at least one group in every force that is alienated from the current political power. After they heard the rumors of the Holy Grail, they must have used them to consume their power from the shadows."

“So the current government didn’t get any help from the other forces even if they knew the actions of the extremists from the anti-government group..." Rossweisse said.

"This must be the result of those who position themselves high and put their pride as their priority. They didn’t want to seek for help even if they were to die. Or they didn’t want the existence of the Holy Grail leaking outside. Something along those lines I guess. Anyway, I’m concerned about the Tepes’ headquarters. I’m planning to head there from the Carmilla’s base."

Azazel's image looks around the group.

"Looks like I’ll be in need of all of you here. That’s why come here right now. We must investigate the movement of the Tepes faction while we reunite with Rias and Kiba. All of your strengths will definitely be needed. After all, there’ll be someone even more dangerous than the extremists from the anti-Tepes government involved in this."

All of the Occult Research Club members respond positively at the order.

"But we can’t concentrate our forces just over here. You guys were assaulted over there once already. It will be enough for just the Gremory group and Irina to come here. The Sitri group, Griselda, Joker, and “Slash Dog” Tobio should remain on standby over there."