V. MY PRINCE OF DARKNESS

I got out of Klaus's car, standing in front of my high school in Mystic Falls. I was finally home, finally got what I wanted, but this wasn't how I wanted to come back. He'd compelled everything out of me - at least that's what it felt like, though it was kind of different - including the fact that Elena was still alive, and human.

Behind us pulled up the truck that held the coffins, Rebekah and Stefan, who was unconscious, with his neck snapped.

"Alright love," Klaus said as he too got out of the car, shutting his door. "I want you to go inside, and find your sister for me." And again, it was like I was being compelled - because I'd inevitably do what he said - but it wasn't exactly like being compelled.

"Please Klaus," I shook my head.

"Go on," He told me. "I'll be right behind you."

I swallowed hard, walking up to my old school, where I could easily make out familiar voices, stepping in through one of the side entrances. Caroline, Matt, Bonnie, Tyler and..

"Lyssa?" I heard my sister's soft voice upon walking in, spotting her to my right, down the hall. I realized it was senior prank night - had I been gone that long? It only felt like a few days.

I sighed, before she walked over and embraced me in a hug, throwing her arms around me. I placed my hand to her back, hugging her with a heavy heart, knowing what was to come. Senior prank night was about to be turned completely upside down.

"How are you back?" She asked, pulling away to look at me. "What happened?"

"You put a rather large kink in my plans, sweetheart." Klaus announced, walking out from behind me. Her eyes widened in surprise, looking between me and the hybrid. I didn't want her to think that I betrayed her - I would never do that. "The whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids. I haven't been able to do that. Now my bet is, it has something to do with the fact that you're still breathing."

He suddenly grabbed her arm, walking her down the hall. "If you're going to kill me, just do it." She spat, as I followed behind them.

"Not until I know I'm right." He said, leading us to a set of the gym's double doors. "But I do have ways of making you suffer."

When we got inside, there were a handful of my classmates setting up plastic cups on the floor, boxes stacked up in various spots of the gym.

"Attention, seniors." Klaus announced, faking an American accent as he let go of Elena. "You have officially been busted. Prank night is over. Head on home." He then spotted Dana, and another one of my classmates, Chad, as everyone began to leave, not questioning his authority. "You two." He stopped them. "I remember you."

"I'm sorry." Dana's brows knitted in confusion. "Who are you?"

"Oh, don't worry, I wasn't in my right head last time we met." That was right, he was in Alaric's body when he'd compelled her last. "Lift your foot up, please, Dana." He compelled her again, before looking over at the boy. "If she drops her foot, Chad, I want you to beat her to death. Understood?"

No, no, no, I thought.

"Don't, Klaus." Elena asked, from beside me. "You don't have to hurt anybody."

"Oh, come on, love. Of course I do."

___________________________

Dana was still standing on one foot, while I stood beside my sister, trying to think of what I could possibly do, what I could say to change what was happening. I had to try and negotiate with Klaus, I had to make him hear me out. He was cruel, and a monster at times, but he was also willing to strike up a deal - I knew he was.