Chapter 4

Avengers Tower

The blinding sun beamed its way through the windows as the assassins blue eyes squinted from the harsh light.
Today was the day she was meeting the Avengers. She knew nothing of them, only that red room was not too fond of them, one in particular.

Katerina dragged her feet towards the bathroom that was attached to her room. Slipping off the pjs she had borrowed the night before, The brunette stepped int the shower and let the hot water run over her bruises she acquired the night before in the alleyway. Her dark brown hair slipped out of its ringlets as the water weighed it sown and her skin glistened from the sparkling water. This was probably the nicest shower she has had in a long time. 

Drying herself off, Katerina got dressed into some clothes that had been left to her by Natasha the night before. They were nice and casual, black tank top, black jeans, black boots and a tan jacket.

Wasn't something Katerina would usually get to wear as her clothes back in the red room were mostly her training gear or basic necessities

Wasn't something Katerina would usually get to wear as her clothes back in the red room were mostly her training gear or basic necessities. It was a good change.

The brunette stood in front of the mirror attached to the wall  staring at her face. Her cheek was purple and blue from bruising with a small healing cut and her lip was purple with a scab as she started to heal.
"I look like hell." Katerina said monotony through her thick Russian accent. The brunette scanned her appearance while thinking out loud unaware of the door being open and someone standing waiting for her.

"Personally I think you look fine, my clothes fit you well. The bruises just add too the look" Natasha said through a smirk while leaning on the door frame. Katerina looked at her with a small smile in the corner of her mouth. "Everyone is downstairs if you are ready to meet them."

Katerina's POV:
I nodded knowing that it is probably better to get introduced to the other avengers now rather than later. It was fairly quiet until we got to the elevator and the A.I I now know as F.R.I.D.A.Y asked Natasha where were were going to.

"Main room." The redhead answered as we stepped in before the doors closed behind us.
"Steve told me that you have abilities.'' Her almost sympathetic tone caught me off guard as she turned to face me. I kept my eyes on the floor avoiding eye contact knowing the question that is coming next. "If you don't mind me asking, how did you get them?"

Part of me didn't know how to answer for them as I knew it would just end in pity.

"I uh.....I was experimented on when I was a child. I had no idea until yesterday when I escaped-" I cut off afraid of how she would react if i told her I was from the red room. "-escaped the people I'm on the run from. I thought it was just part of the regular torture, but it wasn't, I was a test subject against my own will for years with no idea. I don't even know what they are fully, something to do with fire and water as well as my strength and speed."