Chapter 9-Counterfeit

Dissociative identity disorder (DID), previously known as multiple personality disorder (MPD), is a characterized by the maintenance of at least two distinct and relatively enduring . The personality states alternately show in a person's behaviour. People with these problems usually adopt a counterfeit personality to hide there true intentions.

I looked at the other people in the starting line with us as kushida was tying our legs together. It was finally time for the three-legged race. Ichinose was next to me as she was smiling and talking with her partner Shibata Sou.

To win the three-legged race, coordination was very necessary. Even the fastest pair would lose if they don't have any sense of coordination between them. So, thinking about my relationship with kushida, one could say that we were indeed on quite good terms. We had talked rarely since the uninhabited island test started. No, I don't remember talking to her these last months.

So technically this was our first meet in many days. Not as old friends but as mere acquaintances.

Kushida stood up and gave her usual angelic smile, "Done, now let's just try and do our best Ayanokouji Kun."

I nodded and waited for the race to start. It was just a 75-meter race with 3 more pairs from other three classes. One pair had been chosen from each class as participants. This race was supposed to be kind of fun race considering the intimacy or more accurately a certain degree of closeness of the participants in a pair.

As the clapping sound reverberated through the ground all the pairs started their journey to the finish line. I intentionally slowed and made it hard for kushida to coordinate with me. She was surprised at the level of irregularity I was showing. She must have caught on that it was intentional.

"Uh Ayanokouji Kun what's the matter?" She asked me with confusion in her voice.

"Can't you see what I am doing kushida?" I asked her,

"Huh" She just gave me a confused glance.

"Horikita should have been in your place. You aren't maintaining the coordination with me."

I didn't miss the menace in her expression for a split second when I mentioned Horikita. But she was adamant on keeping it till the end as she returned to her usual face. A face which had managed to fool many till now. A face which hid everything which was behind the surface of a kind girl. Even I was fooled by it for quite some time. She had blended quite well with everyone that it was hard to think that a girl like her could have two faces.

"Ayanokouji Kun, what's the matter. You don't seem to be okay. Are you mad at me for some reason? Sorry if I did something wrong" She asked me showing a look of sadness.

I just looked ahead at Ichinose and Shibata who had already crossed the finish line and were celebrating on their win.

"You are the problem Kushida. You act like you are good, but the fact is your act is the only thing you are good at." As I said those words, I could now see a smirk on her expression.

"So Ryūen was indeed correct. You are not an ordinary person aren't you Ayanokouji Kiyotaka?" she asked while looking at me.

Even at the complete shift of her character, I didn't look surprised. My expression remained as it was.

"You were the one who betrayed the class to Ryūen weren't you."

At my words she just laughed. People had stopped looking at us. Well, who pays attention to the dead last? And moreover, the creepy thing was she laughed in such a manner that was hiding her personality.