31

Yoongi slipped out of the house sparking a cigarette looking through the window at Nari who was wrapped in a blanket reading a book while her other hand lay on her stomach. He smiled a little turning around to see jungkook sat on a garden chair smoking himself. Yoongi came to sit down and exhaled smoking into the night air.
"You wanted to talk earlier?" Jungkook looked up when Yoongi spoke and gave a brief nod.
"Yeah... I wanna explain what happened between us." Yoongi gave a nod allowing jungkook to speak and the younger man put his cigarette out. "I went to her for advice. I didn't mean to tell her who I was, it just happened. I felt comfortable and-"
"I know. She has that effect. She can make all your troubles go away in an instant" Yoongi said plainly and jungkook nodded knowing that his brother was right.
"So we went out that day. She wanted to get me to leave it alone. It was like... she wanted to prove that the family is..."
"A shitshow?" Yoongi scoffed taking a pull as his brother shifted awkwardly in his seat.
"She told me what happened, the night you got married... hyung, why did you let that happen? She looked so hurt speaking about it." Yoongi sighed thinking carefully about his word choice.
"There were rumours about me, and her. That I was just marring her to get the business. That she was... well, a whore. Of course it wasn't true. In this family women are seen has less than. And the men rule with an iron fist. If I was seen as marrying for an out then everything would've been taken away. And she would've been given to someone else." He took a pull again feeling saddened by his own words. "So I agreed. I spoke to her before. And she said yes to protect me. I didn't know until after that she hated the idea. If I had known I wouldn't have put her through it." He slumped back in his chair flicking ash into the tray on the table and jungkook understood.
"You wanted to protect her?"
"That's all I ever want." He spoke looking over his shoulder at the window. "They planned to give her to our cousin if I didn't. He's an asshole. The way he treats his wife and daughters... if I could kill him I would." Yoongi admitted looking to his brother. "It's a story for another time. Carry on." Jungkook nodded and took out another cigarette growing nervous.
"She offered me a bag of money, and a fake passport. She told me to leave. And I- I couldn't. I just- before I even knew what I was doing I kissed her. She told me I was going crazy that you would kill me and I- well, I asked her to leave with me." Yoongi frowned at this knowing exactly why this had happened. It was his fault. If he had treated her like she deserved then maybe it wouldn't have gone down like that. Jungkook spoke quickly. "She slapped me. She told me if I ever tried it again she would tell you." Yoongi was shocked by the confession and raised his eyebrow. "She told me how much she loved you and that she would never betray you like that. So I drove her home and we swore never to speak about it again. When you found out, I felt like a fool. I was so worried that you would blame her and-"
"Jungkook." Yoongi cut him off "are you in love with my wife?" He asked looking at the younger as jungkook but his lip.
"I was. And I think... I still could be." Yoongi stood up feeling his rage but jungkook matched his actions. "I'll never act on it I swear. I just- can you blame me?"
"No. No I can't. And that's what is so fucked up about it. Because she is her. And it's impossible not to love her. But I trust you jungkook. Don't make me regret it." He walked back inside going to sit down and wrap his arms around her. Jungkook watched from the doorway feeling that pain in his chest.
"You told him didn't you?" Namjoon came to stand next to him and the two watched as her and Yoongi laughed about something and spoke amongst themselves.
"Yeah..."
"You gonna make him regret it?"
"If he hurts her I will. Trust me."
"No. I'm done trusting anyone from the min family. If he hurts her I won't hesitate to kill you too."