CHAPTER 5

Logan. 

My mate is a rogue. A fucking rogue. 

The intensity in his stare could melt icebergs. Logan - the focused, intense and demanding brother - could barely contain a neutral expression at the wild thought bouncing back and forth in his skull. 

She's a rogue - the woman he had been fantasizing about in secret. He had pictured her in many forms and shapes. A brunette, a blonde, a red head. But not as a rogue with eyes wild and fire-like, not with sleeve of tattoos and temper to match a grenade. That girl was gorgeous in the most  ferocious way possible. And that girl was-

Gone. 

A low growl thundered through his chest, raising up to his throat and spilling past his lips. For the first time since buying the car, he was regretting the decision. It had dug itself to half-tire deep in squishy mud. 

"That firecracker got us here." Caleb commented, staring down at the useless vehicle in amazement. 

Logan stood besides him, muscular arms crossed over his broad chest. He did not feel compelled to respond. They had much bigger problems in hand. In moments like these Caleb's devil-may-care attitude really served to piss him off. 

This firecracker was his mate as well, but the two years younger brother didn't look nearly as bothered by her escape. "Call Maximillian. I want him on this case, stat." 

Caleb turned his gaze upwards. "Aren't you at least a little impressed?"

"Caleb." Logan's tone held warning, which hardly affected the other brother. They were both Alphas, stubborn and with egos too inflated to react to orders calmly. 

Still, Caleb dug up his phone from pocket of his champagne-stained pants and typed away with a growing frown. "She could't have gotten far." He murmured. "Not really how I pictured meeting my mate for the first time." 

Logan silently agreed. He was miles away from romantic type, but even he hadn't anticipated what this tedious wedding would lead to. 

Why would she run?

None of them voiced the question, but the similarly creased eyebrows suggested that both brothers were pondering the same. 

"I don't mind a little chase, but she took it to another level." Caleb broke the silence. "Naughty girl." 

Logan felt another growl building within his ribcage. "Get your head out of the gutter." 

"Don't pretend that you didn't want to push her up against the nearest wall. I dig that badass character-" 

Caleb's phone pinged with a new message from their Beta, saving him from an angry fist meeting his square jaw. A thick vein had popped on Logan's neck and his face had turned tomato red with rage. 

Fate had played an odd card by giving the two the same female as a mate. It had happened before, although very rarely. The two brothers had always been competitive. Sharing a woman was outrageous. Just thinking about Caleb lusting over his mate, made him want to tear his brother to pieces. 

She will have to choose. And she will chose me. 

"Max will be here in ten." Caleb informed, disregarding the fearsome glare his brother was giving him. 

Tension skyrocketed. Minutes ticked by slowly. Logan felt the muscles underneath his skin coil with pressing need to shift and track down the runaway mate. His wolf was growing impatient, but the rational part of his brain reminded him that the woods were packed with Hunters. This was a 'free land', those were patrolled by werewolf-hating individuals armed to teeth with silver, on a constant hunt for rogues.