CH. 32

"You need to work on your element of surprise, Silver." Darkon said a smile decorating his tanned face as he pinned Argentina to the ground.

Argentina kept thrashing her body grumbling. " if Eliase didn't look up, I would have taken you by surprise!" She moved her head to the side glaring at Darkon who tackled her to the ground disarming her of her sword when she lunged to attack him and pinned her to the ground face first, her arm restrained to her back.

He chuckled taking his knee off of her back standing up. "If Eliase noticed you, then you are doing a really bad job at the element of surprise, and I already could hear you from a mile away." Argentina just groaned feeling annoyed and turned sitting on the ground. Her glaring at Darkon while he only chuckled humorously at her.

"Take Kera off of my back." She held her wrist of the hand that he twisted to her chest. "Oh-ho, so you actually know that she is keeping an eye on you." His mischievous smile never relented.

"Well, she could have been less obvious about it." She exclaimed.

Darkon shook his head and extended his hand to help her up, she took his hand standing up and dusting off her trousers. "Well I should make Kera keep a closer look at you, some mischievous rodent is tiptoeing and eavesdropping on things they shouldn't hear." He looked at her knowingly making her clear her throat moving her head to the other side in embarrassment. "What? am I wrong?" He asked narrowing his eyes at her, as if he waited for her to disagree.

Argentina just huffed,"You are not! But, since you have known that I was eavesdropping, why did you pretend like you didn't know and continued the conversation?" She looked at him head first with a glare itched to her face.

He folded his arms to his chest and speculated her, "maybe that was my answer to your question the other night, I hope your Curiosity ceased to existence." He meant when she was curious about the rumour of the guardians being blood thirsty at night.

"Well, it still didn't." Argentina answered.

The army around them were getting ready to restrain Argentina who had the audacity to attack their leader, but Darkon stopped them with a wave of his hand as soon as she approached him.

Argentina looked at her surroundings noticing all the burly men looking down at her from horses or even next to her. "You are going?" Argentina looked at Darkon and felt as if  something was wrong with her chest, somehow she was annoyed at something.

"Duty, something you will get to later." He sighed. Eliase stood next to him and looked at Argentina, he smiled at her and waved.

Some man came close to Darkon and whispered something in his ear. Darkon nodded seriously then looked back at the girl he got to know. She looked at him like she wanted to cry, but at the same time didn't.

Darkon smiled and thrashed her hair. "Your first friend will be right back, and don't be eager about it. This will be me coming to train you in the illusion." He chuckled at her disoriented looking hair that she didn't bother to fix like everytime.

"You are not my first friend." Argentina mumbled feeling a bit embaresed that a rosy color graced her cheeks and ear.

"Take care of yourself, and no mischief, remember Kera." He winked making Argentina grumble in annoyance and Darkon laughing in earnest.

"Goodbye, Darkon." Argentina said when Darkon straddled his horse ordering the men around him. Somehow she could see his half smile going towards her eyes as if he was saying 'goodbye, Silver'

Several months have passed and Argentina couldn't feel them passing, she followed a boring routine everyday. Since Darkon was the one assigned to train her privately and since he was away, she was training with Saraya. Much to her dismay.