Chapter 60

The next month back at school resumed quietly, without much happening at all. It was a typical Monday morning at the Gryffindor table when the post owls arrived. Ophelia didn't care much about the news, especially nowadays it was just stupid gossip and bullshit about Sirius Black still being on the loose—let it go, it's been almost a year and he hasn't killed anyone yet, has he? So she was quite surprised when a few letters were dropped in front of her.

"Who's this from? It's got no name..." Ophelia muttered curiously, ripping the letter open.

CedRic DIggorY cAn do so Much beTter Than yoU. I wonDer hoW it is lOokIng in the Mirror at YOur Ugly fAce everYdaY and knOw that yoU aRen't Good eNough fOr him. Go back to AMErica yOu fuckiN TART.

Luca peered over, scanning over the words and reading them out loud under his breath. "What the fuck?" he fumed, shaking his fist angrily. "Who sent this?"

"I have no idea," Ophelia pursed her lips. "Look, here's another anonymous one."

"Nuh uh, you're not reading that. Give me it." Luca said, ripping the paper from her hands. His eyes squinted at the cutout newspaper letters that made a sentence. Ophelia could only catch words like, "ugly", "die", "slut"... from his mouth, followed by a string of colorful swear words coming from Luca.

"Hermione, look!" Harry pointed from a few seats down. "Fee's got the same thing!"

The trio scooted down so that they were next to Luca and Ophelia, comparing hers and Hermione's letters together.

yOu are A wiCked girL. HarRy PotTer desErves bETter. GO bAck wHeRe YOU caMe frOm MuGGle.

"They're all like it!" Hermione cried, opening one letter after another, as Luca and Ophelia did the same thing. " 'Harry Potter can do so much better than the likes of you...You deserve to be boiled in frog spawn...You're ruining Cedric Diggory...."

She opened the last envelope, and a yellow-green liquid that smelled like shit gushed over her hands, which erupted in large yellow boils.

"Undiluted bubotuber pus!" Ron exclaimed after sniffing the envelope.

"Ow!" Hermione said, trying to rub the pus off her hands but there was no luck as her hands were all covered in painful looking sores.

"I warned her!" Ron said as Hermione hurried out of the Great Hall and to the Hospital Wing.

"What's going on? What's with the sudden hate mail?" Ophelia asked. Hermione noticeably had a larger stack of letters than she did.

"I warned her not to annoy Rita Skeeter! Look at these...all about what they read in Witch Weekly and the Daily Mail...stuff from the Slytherins...Blimey, she'd better watch out for herself!" Ron continued, patting Ophelia on the back sympathetically before leaving with Harry to go to Herbology.

"Incendio!" Ophelia yelled a bit too loudly, gaining the attention of some people around her. The letters burned up in flames, leaving a satisfied look on her face. "Yeah, fuck off negative energy."

She looked up to see Ced staring at her from the Hufflepuff table, cocking his head to one side as he furrowed his eyes together, asking her if she was alright even though he didn't know what the commotion over there was about. She nodded back with a small smile, teasingly licking the back of the spoon she was holding to distract him from what she was feeling. He rolled his eyes back at her, nodding to the entrance of the Great Hall.

"Let's go to class," Ophelia looped her arm with Luca as they skipped out of the Great Hall, meeting Cedric at the door.

"Why'd you set those letter's on fire?" Cedric asked, slinging his arm around her as he kissed her forehead good morning.