𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘 𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋

"Bianca..."

ARES WAS WAITING FOR THEM IN THE PARKING LOT OF THE DINNER.

"Well, well," Ares said, "You didn't get yourself killed."

"You know it was a trap," Percy snapped.

Ares smirked. "Bet that crippled blacksmith was surprised when he netted a couple stupid kids. You looked good on TV."

   Percy growled and shoved the shield in Ares' arms making Eris pale, "You're a jerk."

Eris cowered behind Annabeth, fearing Ares' response. If Ares was anything like Clarisse when angered she wouldn't be surprised if he lashed out and killed them all because of Percy's lack of respect. Grover placed a comforting hand on her shoulder much to her surprise. But to her surprise Ares didn't give the response she expected.

Ares grabbed the shield, spun it in the air like pizza dough and it formed into a bulletproof vest. He slugged it across his back. "See that truck over there," he pointed to a parked truck across the street. "That's your ride. Take you straight to L.A., with one stop in Vegas."

The truck had a sign on its back that said: KINDNESS INTERNATIONAL: HUMANE ZOO TRANSPORT, WARNING: LIVE ANIMALS.

   Eric covered her face with her hands. They had just gotten decently clean with the soap they found at the souvenir store and now they were going to be in a truck full over animals that probably smelled like animal shit for Gods know how long. She could smell the animal poop already.

   "You're kidding," Percy said.

   Ares snapped his fingers and the back doors of the truck unlocked. "Free ride, west, punk. Stop complaining. And here's a little something for doing the job." He took a blue backpack off his motorcycle handlebars and tossed it to Percy.

   Percy scowled after he looked inside the backpack, "I don't want your shitty-"

   "Th-Thank you, sir," Eris said meekly, stepping in front of Percy, "We really...appreciate it." Ares sent her a harsh glare and she flinched.

He looked so much like Clarisse it was frightening. He smelled like her too.

   Percy moved to protectively stand in front of her, "You owe me one more thing," he said, "You promised me information about my mother."