Chapter 29 - Jerks And Quirks

---I smell a spin-off in store ;). I appreciate any comments, votes and shares. They help a lot. Thanks!---

--- Picture of Alen---

My first class was history. I made my way to my seat. Mr. Halison began with a lecture. After speaking awhile he started asking the class questions. The students didn't really understand any of the questions, nor did they look interested. He asked a question and no one was able to answer. He was getting noticeably disappointed. I decide to participate after a moment of hesitation, so I raised my hand. Mr. Halison looked surprised, staring at my hand.

"A-Ah, yes Harvey?" He stumbles on his words. I answered the question and gave him a light smile.

"Correct." He returned it, probably glad someone is participating.

He asked a few more questions and a couple of students got the answer correct. I answered the ones no one could get. It actually wasn't so bad participating.

A couple more classes passed and it was now llunch break. I saw Zeal smirking my way while I was heading to the cafeteria. Our match was later today. He probably decided he had already won. I'm certainly not expecting a victory today myself.

I entered the cafeteria. I got a tray and some milk and went over to Cortney's table. She began bouncing when she spotted me heading over.

"OMG, OMG Show us the food!" Cortney demanded.The other girls nodded, the most noticeable was Lillian. I bent down and ruffled through my backpack as Luke made his way over and greeted everyone.

"What's for lunch?" He asks sitting at the table.

"We were just about to find out." Remira answers eagerly. I picked out the two plastic bags full of sandwiches and pastries and placed them on the table. I popped open the bag of crepes, and it filled the air with the lovely smell of strawberries.

"That, smells sooo goood!" The girls moaned in unison.

"It smells like a bakery in here." Luke expressed.

"Mmm what's that smell?" Someone asked, approaching from behind me. I look to see who it is.

"Oh, Harvey!" It was Alen.

"Who's this?" Corney asked looking a bit puzzled.

"I'm his best friend." Alen says placing an arm over my shoulder.

"Uh, that would be me actually." Cortney states, raising a brow. Alen laughed and removed his arm from me.

"I'm Alen. Harvey took a punch for me, so I wanted to thank him, but oh that smell!" Alen explains, getting distracted. I finish opening the bags, removing the crepes and grilled cheese.

"These look delicious." Alen said. 

"They're serving crepes here?" He asked, looking around the cafeteria. I shook my head. "Then, where'd you get these?"

"I baked them this morning." I say, sitting down in my seat. They started eating. They gasped after their first bite.

"Puke Boy can cook?"  Alen asks in shock. Cortney glared at him once he spoke that name.

"S-sorry, I meant Harvey." He corrects, raising his hands.

"Wanna join in?" Remira asks. Alen beamed with excitement.

"Yes please!" He said hopping in the final seat at the table. This was one of the most popular tables in school now. I went from sitting alone to sitting at a full table. I've made so many friends.