chapter five

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

THE YOUNG GODS
CHAPTER FIVE

" DEEP DOWN, HE WANTS THE BEST "

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

     ROSIE STOOD IN FRONT of the tall builder who motioned his hand to come at him. They were in the beginning of Gally teaching her a few moves for her own safety. Gally felt it was necessary after the incident with Nick two days ago. He figured just in case any other boy in here would try something, she'd be able to handle herself. She crossed her arms standing firm shaking her head, "absolutely not." Rosie stated not wanting to train, well she didn't want to make a fool out of herself more than she already felt she was.

"C'mon, take a hit." Gally replied, "close your fist like this and hit me."

The girl stood still looking around to see if anyone was watching them, but lucky for her everyone was focused on their tasks. "Here goes nothing." She muttered her hands squeezing into fists, Rosie used all of her strength aiming at the boy's chest. An awkward silence rose in between them as the punch had no momentum and no effect. Instead of pushing the boy, Rosie was the one to pull back grabbing onto her hurting hand. A chuckle erupted from the boy in front of her, "oh god, shut up!"

"You're doing it all wrong!" Gally explained walking towards her positioning himself next to her. "Tuck your chin in and bring up your first in front of your face."

The boy raised his eyebrow as the girl stayed still not doing as she was told, "Gally, this isn't going to work—"

"Lesson number one! Do as I say." Gally demanded receiving a dramatic loud sigh from the girl who raised her fists up. "Keep your fists level with your cheeks and your elbows slightly bent. This helps to protect your face and to protect your sides." Rosie bent her elbows receiving a thumbs up from Gally as he kept talking, "your stance is the most important part before taking a punch. It's where most of your energy should come from."

Rosie nodded creating the stance she suppose she thought would be the best. "This okay?" Gally looked down at her legs stance, he immediately saw a mistake. Before Rosie knew it, the girl flew down to the ground, face first as he had swept her leg causing her to lose her balance. "What the hell was that!?" She asked spitting out whatever dirt she might have gotten in her mouth.

"Lesson number two! Your legs were too wide apart." Gally pointed out offering his hand to the girl who lifted herself up with the help of her friend.

She brushed off the dirt off her clothes, "and you couldn't of just said that?"

"Alright, again." Gally stated ignoring the girl's question as she got into her fighting position this time having her feet closer. "Bend your knees a little, put your right foot behind you, stand in a way that feels natural to you." The girl did as she was told listening closely to his next words of advice, "you're not very strong but you do move fast and have a fast reflex. Remember to use your whole body not just your upper body. Keep the tension by your hips. Don't ever let someone touch you. You're depending on your agility not your strength."