𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 15 │︎♚︎

"If love is life then life has immortality."

Important: Before I begin, I want to introduce new terminology for this chapter. This story is set out in a different multiverse so things wont be the exact same. A Light Glancer is a sort of device which allows certain things like phonecalls, but it is not a phone, You can imagine it as one but it doesn't look like one. A Dark Glancer is more for watching eg a TV or something, its a little larger than a Light Glancer. I just thought it would be uniquely interesting if I made some words up for my own story.

Syfas

My anger rose with every step I took through my golden hallways, the sound causing a loud echo to bounce off the high ceilings.

I just hope those guards were hearing every step that arose closer, leading them to their fucking doom.

I swung the door open, casually throwing the wooden chair across the room which shattered against the wall. The fright, on the two guards in front of me, was displayed across their faces.

Good, they should be scared.

"So," I say, towering over them, both my hands, palm down, on the metal table as I begin to interrogate the two. "Do you know who that person was?" I taunt, my finger making a clinking sound as I repetitively tapped my ring against the cold table.

"No, my king."

"That  woman is your future Queen." I take a deep breath as I took in their petrified countenance, taking a few steps closer to them. "Now, putting your Queen in a fucking cell would be considered treason, well, in my books anyway."

"W-we didn't know, we were just doing our jobs." 

"Your job is not to put innocent people in cells. There are no excuses." There's no way this pathetic guard really thinks he can get himself out of this mess, you messed with my little rose, you pay. I let my eyes relish in the fear off of their faces when I noticed a fading bruise on one of them. Did my little rose do that? I smirked.

Just the thought of her now makes me want to return to her, have her sitting on my lap with her head resting upon my chest. I sigh internally, knowing I won't be able to do anything with little rose here in our castle.

"Now, we're going to go out there and you're going to apologise. Understand?" I say through gritted teeth, not worried that I'll crush them due to the pressure.

"Yes, My King." They replied in unison and follow me back to the throne room with their tails hanging between their legs. I took quick strides to the throne room, eager to see my little rose with what felt like hours being away from her. The guards behind me were failing to catch up but it's not what I was focused upon. As soon as I caught sight of my Kyra, huddled up in the pink blanket I wrapped her up in, I released a breath I didn't realise I was holding. My heart continued to beat at its normal pace and I almost forgot about the guards behind me.

"Axil? Are we allowed to sit on these chairs? They look fancy.." I heard my little rose say to an amused-looking Axil seated upon the floor.

"They're called thrones, Kyra. And yes you can sit on them, they're for royalty after all."

"Royalty?!"She exclaimed, her emerald eyes wide. "Is this throne for the Dragon King?" She asked, almost getting up off the chair.

"Yes, Kyra. Is something wrong?"