Define the word 'pain'

⚠️ Disclaimer:⚠️ This story has been written by me and has not been copied, plagiarized or stolen from any other story or author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original originating from my mind.

Dimitri

The world was dark, my life was dark and my future was even darker. I sat on a chair on the balcony of my room, a glass of vodka in my left hand and a picture frame in the other. The picture was of my mate, my beautiful mate Isabelle.

She was holding a bouquet of crimson roses in her arms and had a smile on her beautiful face. Her hazel eyes were shining and that one little dimple on her left cheek stood out, making her look so cute as she stood there, smiling for the camera.

Today was the 10th of April, for some it may seem like a regular day, but for me, it was the day I lost myself to the darkness. Today marked five years I lost my mate, my Luna, the love and the light of my life. She was snatched from under me, lost to death. They said it was an accident, I say it was murder.

He did it! That bastard killed my mate, I knew it, I just knew it! I didn't have any proof then, and I don't have any proof now. He killed her in cold blood. Why? Because he felt threatened by my success. His precious empire was failing, while mine was rising.

He killed her since he knew she was my mate, he knew that an Alpha's strength lies with his Luna. So to even the odds, he murdered my mate and made it look like an accident since he knew no-one would question him. The sick, twisted son of a bitch! I swear to the Goddess, when I got my hands on him he'd regret he was ever born.

With a frustrated growl I threw the glass against the wall, shattering it and sending shards of glass everywhere. I placed the picture frame on the table and stormed out of my room. Grabbing a bag with a t-shirt and a pair of shorts on my way out, I left the Alpha's Chambers and walked quickly down the hall. I passed a mirror on my way and looked at my reflection.

My silver eyes looked dull and lifeless, there was a stubble along my jaw, my short curly black hair looked messy and unkempt and my jaw was clenched, strained with the effort of keeping my anger intact, for fear that my little sister would hear me and get scared, sure she was 16 and wasn't a pup anymore, but she was my baby sister.

I continued to walk down the hall, I passed a couple wolves on the way and they bowed their heads as to show their respect. I barely gave them a nod as I was too busy trying to leave the packhouse to care about formalities. I needed to let Ronan out. If I didn't I'd surely be driven insane.

Once outside on the front lawn of the packhouse, I looked up at the full moon and inhaled deeply, the crisp night air wafting through my nose and filling up my senses.
"Dimitri!" a male voice called.
I turned around and saw my Beta, Gamma and Delta, Todd, Alessandro and Vincent coming towards me.

"Where are you off to man? We were just coming to get you. We thought you'd like to have a drink with us," Todd said smiling as he held up a beer case with eight beers in it.
"Sorry guys I can't. I..I'm just not in the mood. I'm taking Roman out for a run, just to clear our head," I said shoving my hands into the pockets of my jeans.

"Still bothering you huh?" Vincent asked sympathetically.
"Yeah. It's been five years since she's been gone. Can you believe it?" I asked with a bitter laugh.
"Dimitri I know this wouldn't really mean much to you, but, I'm sorry man. Sorry for your loss. Isabelle was a great woman, a wonderful Luna and...an amazing mate," Alessandro said with a break in his voice.

I inhaled sharply and turned to face the woods. Tears stung my eyes. I wasn't about to let anyone see my weakness. Not now, not ever again. Sure Todd, Vincent and Alessandro were my best friends as well as my Beta, Gamma and Delta, but some things weren't meant to be brought out into the open.