six

scary movie

scary movie.
chapter six

HER SURROUNDINGS WERE BLACKED OUT

HER SURROUNDINGS WERE BLACKED OUT.  A piece of material swallowed her thick brunette hair and two identical feeling bounds held her firmly to a chair. Cherry's head pounded in agony, subjected from a blow to the side of her scalp by the infamous masked killer. As her head subdued to the excruciating pain of the conscious world, the realisation of her current predicament settled in. Bound to the chair of a masked lunatic that endangered the towns people of her birth place, her home.

A rustle came from the far side of the chamber that the girl had been confined in, panic settled in as the ongoing footsteps advanced towards her. Cherry often suffered with the pressure of being the most flawless girl to walk the grounds of Woodsboro and with that pressure, came struggle. One thing that helped the girl when her breath heightened and her palms grew sweaty, was a little trick her father had taught her many years ago. Five things you can see, Four things you can hear, Three things you can touch, Two things you can smell, One thing you can taste. Apart from this time around, the advice fell short. Cherry could feel the blood as it rushed to her head, the view of the darkness that surrounded her vision cleared slightly. Her breath slowed, caught up in her throat as the darkness that once engulfed her sight was lifted, only to reveal the thing she most dreaded.

Before her eyes, stood not only one murderer but two. Cherry felt as her eyes burnt from the uncomfortable lighting in the room, only now adjusting from the blackness from only seconds before. Tears prickled at the beds of her eyelids, threatening to wash down her once rosy cheeks. The two men stared her way, not once did the soulless eyes beneath the mask tear from her own. A sob escaped from the mouth of the town's angel, one which she hadn't anticipated to release, a glimpse of sorrow communicated to the monsters that watched her, the emotionless bodies of man.

From a young age Cherry's father always taught her one thing, never trust a man. His ideology was hypocritical, for he was a man himself, but the words whispered to the impressionable mind of her younger self couldn't part from the protectiveness of her only guardian. "Never trust a man" He said, "For a man thinks nothing of consequence, nothing of the soul, the heart that truly creates the creature as beautiful as a woman. Men are greedy, selfish and will take anything they think they deserve." Cherry would never believe that evil rooted deep inside a human, for they were crafted from the very hands a divine, higher being itself. To Cherry Valentine nothing was truly wicked, only formed to be seen that way by the human eye. Until now.