Chapter 15

The others got in to the room a few minutes after they got the chains off of Mitch. Peter had just gotten off of the phone with the sheriff. "The sheriff said that they're 2 minutes out and almost here. He's got almost everyone from the station on their way including Parrish."

"No. You said you wouldn't get involved. You promised. Call him back and tell him to turn back and you guys better follow right behind." Mitch said as he grabbed a shirt from the table of torture instruments Ronnie had used or was planning on using.

"I'm not leaving Mitch, we have each other's back. You know that and they're already here, why send them back now." Annika said looking at him with slightly pleading eyes because she knew what he was going to say.

"I can't let you stay it's not safe a-" "It's never been safe Mitch. Not our job. Not the missions. Not you life... but you have to let us help, you can't do it all alone." Annika insisted. Mitch noticed that she mentioned his life so he looked up at Scott.

"You told her?" Mitch said emotionless but Scott could sense the underlying anger. "We had to save you and they had to know." "No. No they didn't and that wasn't your choice to make!" Mitch said, his voice getting louder but no too loud where the others outside could hear.

"Just go home and let me finish the mission alone. All of you. I won't let it get personal-" Mitch started but was cut off by Stan "It's already personal Mitch, you said it yourself." Stan warned. Mitch was about to reply when they heard noises coming from the end of the tunnel where they came from.

"They're here." Peter said. Mitch muttered a dammit before running out of the room and into the room across to try and stop the making of the bomb but the room was left with dead scientist and workers.

He looked around frantically trying to look for Ronnie and the bomb. He saw a shadow come from the other end of the tunnel running away from everyone else with a big bag in hand. He immediately ran after it and could hear some of the others running after him.

He knew that he would end up right outside of the water treatment plant but what he didn't expect were all the memories that would come back as he ran through the tunnels. He could practically hear Lydia's scream and Allison's words echoing through his head.

He also didn't expect to get out of the tunnel and see his dad and Parrish's police cruisers right outside of the plant but only see Parrish getting up from the ground with a bleeding forehead. Parrish looked up at everyone with a pained and regretful look.

"He took him. He took the sheriff." Yea. Mitch definitely didn't expect that.

___________________________________

Mitch couldn't sit still as they gathered in the loft trying to figure out their next move. He was pacing around the room as the others discussed. He took his gun and took all but one bullet out and aimed at the wall and began shooting, again and again.

When the shot was finally fired it startled everyone but Mitch turned around and yelled "We gotta do something, we can't just do nothing!" "We aren't going to do nothing but we can't go in there without a plan and you know that. People get hurt when you don't have a plan." Stan replied.

Mitch just gave Stan a glare "People get hurt anyway." he said as he put another bullet in his gun getting ready to shoot again. "Okay enough! We have figure out a plan to save the sheriff and we won't get it arguing." Chris said.

"Now we know that he'll most likely be in the middle of town and at the rate he's going he's going to detonate the bomb in a few hours, killing everyone if we don't stop it." Chris continued. "Then we'll go over there. Stop him. And save my dad!" Mitch said. Simple as that.

"It's not that simple and you know it." Stan said which only made Mitch angry. Mitch let out a frustrated grumble as he ran towards Stan and grabbed him by his collar, slamming him into the wall. "Enough!"

Annika ran up to Mitch "Mitch I know your frustrated and you want to get the sheriff back but it's not Stan's fault and he has a point. You know that."she insisted with a hand on Mitch's arm as she looked him in the eyes.

Mitch let go of Stan and muttered a 'sorry' before turning away from him. They walked back to the couches and Scott started talking "Okay so we know the middle of town is in the tunnels but he probably won't go there again so where could he be?"

Everyone thought for a second before Lydia suggested "What about the school? It is pretty close to the center of town and no one would suspect him going there." Everyone thought it was a good idea and it wouldn't hurt to check it out.

"Alright we'll head over and go from there." Everyone nodded their heads in agreement and went out to their respective vehicles before heading towards the school which Mitch was not happy to see. 'Nothing good ever happened at that school.'

When they arrived at the school about a half hour later they met up and the sign. "Okay so we'll split up and each go different ways. Let each other know if you found anything." With that everyone split up into groups of three or four.

Scott, Annika, and Mitch went to the lacrosse field, Kira, Lydia, Isaac, and Stan went to the library, Derek, Jackson, Ethan, and Peter went to the cafeteria, and Liam, Hayden, Mason, and Corey went to the locker room.

As Scott, Annika, and Mitch got closer to the field they could see small figures getting bigger and clearer. They knew they had found Ronnie and the sheriff but they knew they couldn't just go in guns blazing with no plan.

Scott motioned for them to move under the bleachers to keep an eye on them. "Okay what's the plan?" he whispered. Mitch and Annika stayed silent, one thinking about what to do and the other listening to what Ronnie was telling Noah.

He could hear him say "Do you really know your son? Do you know that he's a murderer? A killer?" Ronnie taunted. "He did what he had to do. But you? Your killing innocent people for what? Revenge? Pitiful."

Ronnie backhanded Noah across the face and Mitch was ready to run out and beat the Ghost to death for even touching his old man. Noah spit out a bit of blood but didn't say anything. Before Mitch realized what he was doing he was already on top of Ronnie getting ready to punch.

Mitch punched him repeatedly and he could hear Scott and Annika yelling at him to stop but he couldn't. He could feel the blood on his face and his knuckled begin to bruise but he just kept going. Ronnie just looked up at him with a smirk on his face "You're too late."

Mitch gave him one last punch, knocking him out, before getting off of Ronnie and rushing over to the duffel bag. He opened it and saw the bomb and the timer counting down. He saw there was only about 20 minutes left and he knew he had to act fast.

So without hesitation he grabbed the duffel bag and ran towards his car, Scott, Annika, and his dad yelling behind him. The others were just coming out of the school to see what was gong on when Mitch ran past them towards the parking lot.

Stan saw the duffel bag in Mitch's hand and thought 'Not again.' Mitch got the the car and quickly got inside, laying the bag on the passenger side as he got in the drivers. He put the keys into the ignition and started the car before immediately pulling out of the parking lot.

___________________________________