Chapter 14- Tension

C H A P T E R 1 4

T E N S I O N

"I've waited a hundred years, and I'll wait a hundred more for you" -turning pages

Song- this city; Sam fisher

Marlee

Walking into the Taylor house I'm greeted with the smell of burgers. I stop in the doorway when a rough figure pushes past me.

"Watch it" I seethe to Cameron's retreating figure but he keeps walking. Ella crawls up to me plopping in front of me and outreaches her arms.

"Marwee" she babbles grinning ear to ear with the same dimples Cam has. I pick her up kissing her face all over.

"No high for me Ella?" Connor teases his sister kissing her cheek. She looks at him and I swear she smirks.

"Dummy" she points at Connor. Grayson and Theo both start laughing hysterically. I giggle patting Connor on the shoulder

"That's because of you" I remind him pinching his cheek.

"Yeah, yeah." He waves me off walking into the living room. Cameron walks up the stairs and shuts his bedroom door loudly when Sara walks in.

"Someone's in a mood" she chuckles hugging me.

"That's probably my fault" I admit sending her a tight lipped smile.

"You guys have been fighting since you were born, I wouldn't expect anything less" she tells me kissing my forehead.

"Where's mom?" Theo questions as him and Grayson meet us in the foyer. Sara looks sorrowful and I immediately know what she's going to say.

"She had to work" She tells us softly wrapping an arm around both of the boys. Ella pulls a piece of my hair and starts squirming for me to let her down so I do.  She crawls off to the living room where she tries to steal the controller from Connor.

"When will she get here?" Grayson asks innocently. She's not going to make it. I know it, she probably won't be back tonight at all.

"Gray" I say quietly giving him a solemn look.

"Oh" he looks disappointed but shakes it off and replaces his frown for a smile. "That's okay"

"Well Dave has some burgers on the grill, they should be ready soon" Sara says before grabbing Ella who's crying in the other room