chapter sixty-six

CHAPTER THIRTEENHIDE

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
HIDE

I DON'T KNOW WHERE HYEJI IS.

DONGHYUCK AND HYEJI FOCUS

"We're leaving at two in the morning?"

Hyeji and Eunha scanned the paper a bit longer, making sure they understood everything written down on it.

Renjun had taken the liberty of writing down when they were leaving and how they were doing so. He also listed a few of the essential things they needed to bring along.

"I guess that's the most reasonable time for us to actually get out of here alive. It's so late that the nurses will for sure be asleep but it's also not early enough for any sunlight to be out." Eunha commented.

The two girls sat up, silencing encasing them as they both fell deep into thought. "Do you have anything of Minsoo's? I want to keep something in remembrance of her."

Hyeji nodded, walking over towards her dresser. "Here's one of the bracelets she wore." Eunha thanked her, putting the bracelet on as silence once again took over.

"Are you ready for this?"

Eunha hummed as she looked up at her older friend, not catching her question in time. Hyeji repeated the question, making Eunha think.

"I guess it's now or never."

"Dumb alarm

"Dumb alarm."

Eunha squinted at the red numbers showcased on the digital watch that Jaemin had given her. Each bedroom had one watch, an alarm set for the time needed for them to get up.

1:27 AM

She yawned, sitting up in her bed. It took her eyes a minute to adjust but once they had, she headed over to Hyeji's bed.

"It's time, wake up," she whispered loudly as she neared the older girl's bed. As she got closer, she noticed something strange.

Her eyes widened when she finally realized.

She backed away from Hyeji's bed and looked around. She didn't spot any movement. Her pulse increased as she ran over to her own bed.

She reached under it, taking out her backpack. She placed it onto her bed as she grabbed a pair of sweatpants and slid them on. She pulled her hoodie over her t-shirt before sliding on some socks and tennis shoes.

Before putting her backpack on, she walked over to Hyeji's bed and knelt to look under it. Her backpack was still there.

With confused thoughts, Eunha pulled out Hyeji's backpack and gripped it tightly, putting on her own as well.

A knock was heard at her door. It wasn't just any knock, but one Jeno had come up with so that they knew when it was one of them.

"You guys ready to go?"

"I don't know where Hyeji is."

Jeno and Donghyuck's eyes widened at her words, not expecting anything like them. "What do you mean you don't know where she is?" Donghyuck asked.

Eunha looked around, "she isn't in here. I have her bag but I don't know where she could have possibly run off to."

The three were pulled away from their conversation to Jaemin running towards them, his movements nervous and frantic.

"Renjun isn't feeling well, we need to leave immediately."

"What do we do?" Jeno asked, looking around at the small group of friends. Jaemin looked between them unsure of what was happening. "Hyeji is missing." Jeno filled him in.

Donghyuck huffed, "I'll look for her. You guys take Renjun and head out to the hiding spot. Wait there for a bit. If we don't make it back to you in time, leave without us."

"What? Are you crazy? We aren't leaving without you, Donghyuck." Jaemin denied.

The older boy sighed, handing his backpack over to Jeno. "Yes, I am. Now go, I'll look for Hyeji."

The three were reluctant to leave Donghyuck to find Hyeji by himself but they trusted him. So they parted ways, Jeno going to help Renjun out while Jaemin and Eunha kept lookout for the escape.

There was one place in Neo House that Donghyuck and Hyeji would go to when they worked on homework together. And that was the backyard.

In the backyard, they got fresh air and usually a nice breeze amidst the summer heat. It was perfect for the two to finally relax and feel at peace.

After checking a few places inside, that's where Donghyuck went. By now it was already twenty-five minutes past their original leaving time.

Renjun, Jeno, Jaemin, and Eunha were sat in one of the abandoned warehouses a block away from Neo House waiting anxiously for their two other friends.

"Hyeji? Hyeji!" Donghyuck happily ran towards the girl he saw hiding behind the shed. His smile immediately dropped when he saw the agonizing facial expressions on her face. "Hyeji? What's wrong?"

"Jaemin? Jaemin, are you okay?" Eunha asked, looking at the boy. Renjun and Jeno looked at Jaemin and noticed his now blue eyes, white sparkles coving his pupils.

"He's having another vision," Renjun said through gritted teeth, holding his stomach to try and make the pain bearable.

"Donghyuck and Hyeji are in trouble."

The three looked at their friend with wide eyes. Jaemin's blue and white eyes began to go back to their normal brown ones.

"Donghyuck and Hyeji are in danger. Someone needs to go save them." Jaemin ushered, looking at Jeno and Eunha. "You guys need to go help them."

"What kind of danger, Jaemin?" Jeno asked, standing up from beside Renjun. Their eyes all shared looks of concern.

Jaemin coughed, the headache and puking sensation beginning to come up again. "Minju and Heejin are-" he leaned forward, seconds away from puking.

"You guys go on, he'll be fine in a minute," Renjun said, looking at Jaemin with sad eyes. "You two go help Donghyuck and Hyeji."

→ ♕

you can imagine jaemin's eyes look like the ones in the gif at the top! :)

fourth update today 😳